The short question:
Can I move either
node_connection_info.config to another default location?
So here’s the issue:
- I run one first root node inside a container.
- I run another node inside a container and connect to the main node.
- In order to connect the other nodes with the first node I need the root node’s genesis’ key.
- The node’s genesis key, if I am correct, is generated in
~/.safe/node/node_connection_info_config. In this folder one can also find the binary file
sn_nodeand secret reward keys from the root_dir, whatever those are.
- The solution for that, if I’m correct, is to do what Storj has done, is to create a volume for this. This volumes retain data even after the containers have been destroyed.
- I’m not sure when these volumes start as empty, I assume after the build, as so far I’ve found it impossible to build without first destroying the downloaded sn_node, leaving my container unable to run.
So I can’t assign my volume to ~/.safe/node
and I don’t know how to move the location where node_connection.info.config is created.
Does anyone know a best solution to this dilemma?
Now that I’m thinking about it again. I could also just have them share client data.