I'm cleaning up the FAQ category

I’m in the process of cleaning up the FAQ category. I really want it to be easy to find answers to the most common questions by simply browsing this category. So… I will

• Remove most of the MaidSafeCoin questions (that were mostly copied from safecoin.io). I’ll probably replace it with a single “What is MaidSafeCoin?”. This temporary coin doesn’t deserve this much attention in an FAQ about MaidSafe / the Safe network.

• Make it so that you have to be trust level 2 to be able to create a topic in the FAQ category. This makes it more likely that people understand how the category is supposed to be used (anyone can reply though).

Other suggestions?

3 Likes

Sounds good, whats trust level 2 though and how does one attain it?

Good question. You can read about trust levels in Discourse here. Quoting from that post:

Regulars keep coming back to the site, they’re the folks you see around a lot. […] They can get to trust level 2 by…

• visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
  • casting at least 1 like
  • receiving at least 1 like
  • replying to at least 3 different topics
  • entering at least 20 topics
  • reading at least 100 posts
  • spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Thanks David, that’s great.

Nice…FAQ was getting a little ragged

Also appreciate any effort to ensure posts are indeed in the category that the poster has chosen. Any of us can be guilty of this of course…

I dont suppose there is a discourse feature to allow level 2 or 3 etc, to ‘flag’ posts for admin follow up, that might be in the wrong category.

It means a lot of policing for yourself otherwise.

Is it appropriate to lock out comments on FAQ posts to keep them clean?

If feedback is encouraged, should it be somewhat locked by levels? If so, the post could be moved temporarily to the Lounge whilst consensus is formed and the post cleaned up, locked and loaded back in?

Should FAQ posting it’self be restricted by levels?

It’s is an important sticky like category…that should be clear of ambiguity.

I like the conversation under the faq topics. I think it will/could help us discuss and clarify the topic more and update.

Continuous integration of the input from comments seems to work as long as the top of the post clearly states that I reckon.