Ideas for a new SAFE browser icon

Was just going to chip in and say the obvious…a lot of the most iconic brands and there icons are well known to incorporate a smile, even if very subtle. The obvious one is Amazon. A Scottish brewer that is known for there marketing ability is brewdog. They had a different logo a number of years ago but now if you check the design definitely they have taken to it too. Safe network seems all about substance but in this day and age it is imperative to be top at the marketing, feel, design and ultimately brand. Brewdog seem to be good at both

I love the elephant idea and design, maybe the tusks could be made smiley. Oh and another one I noticed while scrolling down this thread was the Firefox logo… Another smile

4 Likes

Safe Navigator. I love it! @maidsafe should seriously consider a rename from Safe Browser to Safe Navigator. dirvine is a safe navigator, no? :grin:

6 Likes

Spot on. The illusion that the current icon creates has long bothered me.
Up until your post the obvious remedy was to remove/change the border and be done with it.
Now you have me thinking that the browser could definitely do with it’s own unique icon perhaps incorporating the network logo but the possibilities are so much greater.

2 Likes

I found that the Ubuntu Touch OS also has or had a compass type icon for its browser

1 Like

So it’s somewhat common and understandably so but not exactly original. I think a unique spin is acceptable personally. Thanks for sharing @drehb

And there was me thinking Ubuntu Touch OS was dead. Far from it, it turns out.

4 Likes

Indeed. I came across it here. Looks like a nice basis for a SAFE phone

2 Likes

Maybe design it to look like one of those Blue elephant piggy banks that way it could still be a round shape and an icon at the same time.

1 Like

Not sure I you say in jest but actually sounds like fantastic idea. And the old logo for safe would be nice to incorporate or retain something. Maybe that would be too much… Wish I could draw but I have deep belief in the icon’s importance