I wanted to do this exercise with the thinking that Reddit is one of the hottest go to places to discuss crypto currency but also technology. From a marketing perspective a lot more effort should be placed on Reddit in my opinion.
If I had the time I would look at not just the top 50 posts in r/cryptocurrency, but i’d look at the top 100 in r/bitcoin, r/privacy, r/technology, r/futurology and others.
The spreadsheet link is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_eo-_HGAUANZKPnlKlCDvx8DdKgwUOmq/view?usp=sharing
Here is my rough couch-analysis.
- The average word count of the Post Title is 18
- 19 of the top 50 Posts had a concentration word count of between 1-11 words
- The most widely used Post Flairs were Comedy, Politics & Warning
- 30 of the Top 50 Posts used outbound links, 20 did not
- Post type breakdown (Link, Picture or Text) was Picture 19, Link 17 and Text 14.
- The top 5 Posts all had a high amount of Post comments with between 1.5k - 4.1k comments.
- The bottom 5 Posts had low amount of Post comments with between 270 - 911 comments.
- The top 5 Posts had upvote percentages between 81% - 88%
- The bottom 5 Posts had upvote percentages between 83% - 93%
- 4 of the Top 5 posts were Text type Posts
- There was no correlation in the Top 5 Posts with Flair Types but there was when looking at the Top 10 Posts. 4 of the Top 10 Posts used the 3 most popular Flair Types (comedy, politics and warning)
- There was no significant correlation between word count and top posts however the average word count in the Top 5 Posts was 19 and the average for the Bottom 5 Posts was 17
I will speculate further but lets get some discussion happening first, thanks