I am looking for feedback on an idea I call Safe Haven

Have a look at the Endorsements section of Project Decorum, maybe that is something you can leverage.

I’m pretty sure there will be interlinked platforms happening on Safenetwork and will be the place to flesh out ideas such as yours. In time, you will find expertise on SAFE that you can hire in exchange for Safecoin.

As a non developer like myself, you’d do well to load up on Maidsafecoin right now as it’s cheap and can serve as the fuel to build a prototype on Safe. The infrastructure is close to free to utilize, the only cost is expertise.

If you ever get to the point of pitching your idea, ‘The Crisis of Credit Visualized’ is still one of the best visual representations for complex subject matter going around. I prefer the slicker style over the hand drawn explanatory videos that are popular these days.

1 Like

What do you have of substance to say about the OP?

Do you have idea what you’re saying? The key question is: what exactly does any given “creative person” have to gain from being on SAFE? You seem to have a free-floating idea that it is just a great place to be. It makes no sense.

Anonymity, security of one’s data, a source of income from one’s data, PtP, no censorship, that alone should be attractive to any content creator but on top of that one could add reputation apps, SAFEx, n99, SAFEBaazar and any number of other projects that would benefit them further. And then we have the SAFE Haven app that this topic is about. On clearnet your data is harvested, you’re taxed, spied upon, censored, subject to legal sanction, I mean the list goes on and on and on. On SAFE you are in control of your own data.

I could see this being used as a clearinghouse for whistleblowers looking to sell information. These days a lot of whistleblowers get axed in one way or another if they leak information … using something like this they could be rewarded by professional journalists and media companies looking for interesting stories to sell through their channels. And that could offset the losses they might take.

In thinking about this it occurs to me that perhaps it would be better to act as an insurance agency for whistleblowers. Journalists and media organizations could pay a subscription fee for access and in return you could offer a payout to whisteblowers if they get caught and axed.

7 Likes

Have you looked at byline? This is a journalist platform that is getting traction in the UK. It uses a publish first model.

I think it is ambitious to make something generic that covers many types of publishing, or even geographies. You might consider choosing one focus, making that work, then adding to later. I can’t say effing will/won’t work, so take your pick - except an area you know we’ll will be much easier than one you don’t.

Good luck!

1 Like

Hmmmm… seems he’s on to something. A few other “smartest guys in the room” like it too.

I agree. Perhaps work on a protocol that is generic and can be used for any number of things, or look for the niche that you can build a specific community around. I’m no expert at this by any means but we are all experimenting here. My advice, dream big, have fun and if you feel strongly about your idea take criticism openly and honestly without letting it become personal and do your best to prove any naysayers wrong. I think there is a good seed of something here. Good luck…

1 Like

You’re asked for something of substance, and that’s your contribution? A fallacious appeal to (unnamed, at that) authority?

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

The scope of the discussion is journalism, not all those things, and you have not addressed the viability of the original proposal.

It’s only a source of income if someone is willing to pay.

No-one will pay for crowdfunding of “scoops” by the kinds of writers who normally go under the rubric of “journalist.” Won’t happen.

Incorrect as the application could be used for other creative works both of a fictional and non fictional variety. SAFE Haven could be used for anything that is to be funded in order to be released to the public. Moreover all those things DO apply to journalism as the journalist may need their identity protected, they do need to protect their sources, they need to make sure their story doesn’t get deleted or censored, they want to be able to publish to a world wide audience and could benefit from PtP.

Also incorrect. On SAFE you’d be gaining an income via farming for safecoin and if you published creative works you’d also be gaining an income via PtP. Whether that was substantial enough to sustain you would be another question entirely but it would be income.

Are you willing to put your money where your mouth is? Are you willing to bet money on that statement because odds are there are people who WILL pay for just that kind of journalism so long as the citations and reputation are good. I don’t care if you use your given name or call yourself the Avenging Meatball Monster so long as you write factual and well written news and include citations.

1 Like

I wouldn’t engage in a wager with you in a million years because you would never agree to concise terms, which is the problem with this discussion.