I’ve finally started to look a bit at it, and have a few questions.
There’s so much I still don’t know, so bare with me, I’ll just have to start somewhere.
There’s a lot of material on the inner working of parsec, but I’m missing the higher levels; How is it supposed to be used? What is MaidSafe planning to use it for? How does this usage look like?
So, here goes:
1. Is parsec being used for section membership in SAFENetwork?
2. What is parsec (planned to be) used for except for section membership?
3. Where are the stable blocks stored? (the datachain?)
4. Do new peers download the list of stable blocks?
5. Are the stable blocks split up and merged with the sections?
6. Will there be any pruning of the stable blocks, or will they grow in eternity?
7. What is the use of OpaquePayload(T)?
8. When using parsec in another application, is OpaquePayload(T) supposed to used for application specific
9. How can any decisions be made with OpaquePayload(T), how is it known what is decided upon?
I’ll start there for now, to get things going!