How to store you Maidsafe coins.
Summary: You can store your MAIDSAFE coins in a bitcoin wallet. You can send them to any bitcoin address, but to move them out of that bitcoin wallet, you need to: 1) Have some bitcoins in the wallet to pay for the fee and 2) have the private key of that wallet and 3) to move them from the wallet you need to use omniwallet (or i guess an other wallet with this functionality), so here is what you need to do:
- For the bitcoin address you want to send your funds, make sure you have access to the private keys, i use:
- https://www.bitaddress.org (create your own bitcoin wallet, the website will give you the public and private key)
- blockchain.info (find the private key by using the approach here: https://github.com/OmniLayer/omniwallet/wiki/Exporting-Private-Key-from-Blockchain.info-and-Importing-to-Omniwallet.org)
- Go to Poloniex or wherever you have your MAIDSAFE coin and send them to your bitcoin address as per 1) above.
They are now safe in your bitcoin wallet.
- If you want to withdraw them, then do the following:
- make sure the bitcoin wallet has bitcoin in it to pay for the transaction.
- Go to https://www.omniwallet.org/ and create an account. Once set up, go to wallet and import using private key. Once you have imported private key, you now have access to the MAID, it will show as a balance there and you can now send them from that wallet to any other MAID or BTC address.
That’s the short how to guide from what i learned yday. This post helped alot:
Hope it may help!
Comments are welcome in case I missed something or wrote something wrong. Pls. test out for yourself, send small test amount first obviously(!)