How to migrate existing user data from a centralized application to MaidSafe?

Let’s assume I’m Mark Zuckerberg and I’ve gone crazy and I wanted to migrate the whole existing Facebook ecosystem with its users and “their” data to MaidSafe. Would it be possible? Do you think it would be doable to write a piece of code that would handle the migration automatically, i.e. without relying on each individual user doing to manually?

The reason I ask is this: I wonder if it makes sense to launch a kind of social network in centralized form now and THEN attempt migrate the code, its users and their data to MaidSafe?
Or should I wait for MaidSafe to be ready and launch my application as a MaidSafe app without going through the centralized phase?

What do you think?

1 Like

I’m not a coder but couldn’t you write like a facebook lgin web interface to access the user’s data that basically sucked all their data out of facebook and onto your maidsafe application? You could also write an app to translate a Facebook data export file. Faacebook does allow you to download your data (granted it does not download OTHER people’s data along with yours which makes the conversations you might have had very confusing).

Its possible once database operations are common place on SAFE

It can be approached in a number of ways, and if facebook had the will to do it then it would happen. Doubt it would go smoothly seeing previous attempts at large database migrations by those cutting corners.