How to get my coins off of omiwallet?

I spent a long time looking and all I could find was how to deposit. Please tell me how I get my coins off of omniwallet? I checked with bitcoin explorer and they are still there. I log on to omniwallet, click send and the only thing that pops up in the options is BTC. How do get the coins to show up in that wallet or how do I send them to another address? Please idiots guide is welcome and appreciated.

You where in the right place when you clicked send. You just have to select MAID instead of BTC.

3 Likes

Just a related question to this, when you move Maid stored on omniwallet, do you have to move all of the coins in an address at once? My understanding is that when you make a bitcoin transaction from a paper wallet, you have to sweep all the funds at once, so I just wanted to check what would happen here.

In the wallet it says 0 btc and no other currencies are listed. I’m a crpto dope & created it years ago. Took 14 hours of password combos to get into my account. I’m as green as they come but believe in safe project so somehow I got it set up. Is it possible I used armory offline blabla via omni and thats why it shows 0 in account yet lists balances on explorer? IDK and if so, how would I unpork that? If it’s even the case? Thanks!

I think you need a tiny bit of BTC to cover the omni transfer costs.

3 Likes

Omniwallet has been a bit sketchy lately so it may be worth checking again in a few hours? Can’t wait until there is some support from ledger tbh.

1 Like

Hi, is there a guide where we can we can learn how to withdraw Maid from the ICO address to an adress where we can use it?

Do we need the private key to BTC address where it is stocked?
I opened a wallet on Omini with a jason file but there is a padlock on it…

Please is there a procedure guide as to how we can do it?

By the way, omini wallet used to warn about being experimental or something and we should be aware of risks…have they fixed their bugs? Does anyone know about that?

I was just sending some BTC to my omniwallet and the fees are insane. For a $25 I had to pay like $15 fees just to move it into my account. This is unsustainable and broken.

Well… don’t move only $25 at a time.

Unfortunately ~$25 in btc is how much you need to be able to send your MAID out of your wallet :frowning:

1 Like

True, but it’s a one time fee if you are planning on sending all your MAID at once, and not holding any BTC on your wallet for the long term. This a crypto problem, at large, it isn’t a MAID specific problem. Saying it is unsustainable is true, though, if crypto is going to reach a wider audience. For the layman, such high fees seems insane, and they are, but they are the cost of doing business right now.

That’s one of the reasons I’m so excited for Safe, because it intends to solve this issue. Feeless and fast transactions? Sign me up.

1 Like

Still looking for help with this:
In the wallet it says 0 btc and no other currencies are listed. I’m a crpto dope & created it years ago. Took 14 hours of password combos to get into my account. I’m as green as they come but believe in safe project so somehow I got it set up. Is it possible I used armory offline blabla via omni and thats why it shows 0 in account yet lists balances on explorer? IDK and if so, how would I unpork that? If it’s even the case? Thanks!

You need the pvt key for the address the maid are at.
You then import that key into omniwallet to move your coins.
You will also need some btc at the same address as your maid to move them.

As for the experimental bit, it’s safe to use and has been for many years.

2 Likes

Where are you looking?
To see if maid are on a specific address just put your public key into omniwallet, no need to login, and check if you see the maid.

If you have logged into omniwallet but can’t see any maid, you maybe haven’t imported your pvt key for the address the maid are at.

It’s good security to move all the maid as your pvt key has been exposed.
Having said that , I have not done so before and all was fine, but its not advisable.

1 Like

I think safes first killer app is going to be instant token transactions with zero fees.

5 Likes

Add to that more user-friendly key management.

1 Like

Ok thanks.

Yea, this happens from time to time. I believe the interface uses your browser to get the balance info rather then their servers getting it. Saves on server load and poses no risks.

It can take some time for the balances to appear, maybe 30 or so seconds if things are slow.

As others said you can put your public address on the from page of omniwallet and get the balances without logging on. And as others said when you do log on you need the private key to send from the address using omniwallet.

Should only need public address to see the balance.

1 Like