[How To]: Buy/Move/Store OMNI MAID :safe: hardware and software wallets

Hey friend, the MAID-BTC trading is not active yet. Wait. When it becomes active I will release instructions. :dragon:

8 Likes

Very good. Thank you.

2 Likes

So I was practicing transactions with my Trezor. I transferred 40 USD of MAID into the account that already had 17 USD of Bitcoin. Both currencies have completed their confirmation.

I still got the error message stating that I don’t have any “eligible addresses on this account.”

There is clearly plenty of bitcoin. Any suggestions for what I should try next?

@19eddyjohn75 sorry, hit reply to the 2nd post instead of OP by accident. Meant to reply to @Dimitar

When I’m transferring MAID, does it need to go to an empty wallet, and THEN add BTC after?

3 Likes

Nevermind. I figured it out. They were in two different addresses.

3 Likes

I added to the first post: 1.2 How to send MAID to a hardware wallet for second, third n-th time

2 Likes

If I move my MAID to a BTC address, is there an easy way to see how much MAID is in the address? Or how would one figure out how much the MAID balance is?

1 Like

Paste the BTC address here and you will see your MAID: https://omniexplorer.info/

1 Like

I added a link to a French translation in the first post :dragon:

3 Likes

When I worked with Scotcoin I had a fair amount of dealings with MasterExchange. After a long search I have now found the contact info for Adrien and Emilien, the guys behind MasterExchange. I found them easy guys to work with - some language difficulties aside - and thought they were well-meaning honest guys. They were offered consultancy positions with a major French financial institution and part of the agreement was that they would work exclusively for the bank. Thats why MasterExchange shut down. To the best of my knowledge, it was the ONLY exchange that had never been scammed or hacked.
How much MAID was lost in total?? Perhaps we should approach them and see what if anything can be done?

4 Likes

Friend, do I understand you correctly, you suggest to ask them how many coins people didn’t withdraw and stayed with them as a “gift”? What’s the point to have this information… it’s their “gift”, it’s none of our business…

What I was trying to say was that people should learn to be responsible for their own money so as not to make such gifts. :dragon:

I added a link to a Russian translation in the first post :dragon:

1 Like

I added a link to a Bulgarian translation in the first post :dragon:

2 Likes

Hey,
Looking for a bit of advice.

I purchased a trezor 1 and moved some MAID from Omniwallet to the Trezor (sent to the BTC address) - on Trezor, i don’t see the correct balance on the Trezor UI. Has anyone experienced this, is there a way around this? If there is essentially no wallet for MAID, can i get my coins back? I’ve contacted Trezor support, who replied as noted below - incidentally i’ve responded pointing them to the forum and enlightening them to recent developments.

Begin reply from Trezor support
*The thing is that MAID is only supported in Trezor firmware at the moment. This means that there is no user graphic interface to help a casual user use this cryptocurrency. *
Therefore, you can only access MAID through a different interface/wallet that has it implemented.

Here we state that there is no wallet for MAID available at the moment: Trezor Hardware Wallet (Official) | The original and most secure hardware wallet.

You can try accessing Omni wallet by using your Trezor device, but we had to take down this wallet from the list of supported third-party wallets, as the project seemed abandoned by its developer’s team.
End reply from Trezor support

3 Likes

Welcome Castro.
I can’t offer much advice as I’m a non techy for the most part. But someone will come along to assist you soon.
It’s no surprise they think our project is abandonend but it’s still not good.

1 Like

Hello friend,

You can use for this https://omniexplorer.info/ and just bookmark your address page, to visit it every time you want to make sure your MAID is in a safe place :dragon:

Please see this part in the OP and if you have difficulties, write to me: 1.1 How can you later send MAID from that address?

They are not talking about SAFE, friend. The third-party wallet www.omnitrezor.com is presumably abandoned but it works :dragon:

4 Likes

I am not sure about trezor one but i last time a used my trezor model T with the latest firmware 2.3.1 it is having compatibility problem with omnitrezor.com.
Have not tried again though.

5 Likes

Hey friend,

did you try to downgrade to an older firmware version? You also know that the wallet only stores your keys, right? You can always get another trezor one wallet in which to put the same keys through the seed words…

1 Like

Yes was planning to downgrade grade to the previous 2.3.0 firmware but still searching if somebody has done it successfully.

2 Likes

Yes, your maid balance will look like a bitcoin transaction of a certain value. This value is not reflective of MAID’s current price. It will likely display the same “bitcoin” amount with each successive MAID deposit. The important point is that the transaction shows up, even if the amount is mostly meaningless.

To verify that the correct MAID has actually been deposited, you can check your bitcoin address at the omniexplorer site that Dimitar just provided. It will tell you how much bitcoin and how much MAID you have in that wallet. And as he said, you can bookmark that page, so you don’t have to copy/paste your wallet address every time.

2 Likes