[How To]: Buy/Move/Store OMNI MAID :safe: hardware and software wallets

That means Omni Trezor, can it be operational for Maid in a while ??
Can we get the Maids back from Omni Trezor?

Can you access your pvt keys?
If so, no problem.

1 Like

The pvt keys ??
From Trezor?
Yes I have them.
I can see the maids, but I can’t move them. What can be done?
Will they update the Omni Trezor again?

You can extract your pvt key, and use omniwallet to send them.

1 Like

Seems a site offering Buy/Sell MAID is You are being redirected... too if not in US. Anyone tried them before and can confirm legit or not for GBP or EUR? I saw a twitter post by them mentioning it recently. They probably just use Bittrex or such in the background but still neat to see someone pick em up. Their Trustpilot reviews are up and down but seemingly mostly positive.

Hello,
could somebody help me understand the following: I withdrew 395 MAID to BTC address on 25th of January. The fee was 80 MAID. However, on the address balance is now only 0.00000546 BTC. Why such small amount?
thanks

Hi,

copy and paste the address into omniexplorer to see the Maid tokens:

3 Likes

This is the BTC transaction amount. A BTC transaction is needed so that the omni protocol transaction can be embedded in that BTC transaction. MAID is an omni protocol asset.

And do as @Dimitar said to see the MAID balance at that BTC address

2 Likes

I believe the above wallet has been deprecated. Trezor forked the code here

and the correct address for the wallet is now
https://trezor.github.io/omni-trezor/

I think the links in your excellent tutorial above should be updated, @Dimitar. See here:

5 Likes

Thanks Sascha, I updated it in the OP :dragon:

3 Likes

does anyone know if this fork works with the new firmware?

It seems to work.
I was able to get to the Omni Trezor and access the maids …
Very happy to have access to them again … Thank you very much for the updated info @Sascha !!!

3 Likes

It’s my pleasure. :slight_smile:

:sascha:

1 Like

if i use segwit address for my maid in trezor and omniwallet is not compatible with segwit address, whats my backup wallet if something happens to my trezor?

Do you mean you sent maid to a segwit address?

And want to know how to access your maid?

No, i bought a trezor and i have my coins in a paper wallet, I want to move the coins to the trezor. The guide says that I have to move the coins to a segwit address, but what happens if i loose the trezor? i cant use segwit with omniwallet, what do i use if that happens? (sorry for my english)

Doesn’t the trezor come with a backup solution?

12 words ( I believe) that you can use to recover your funds if you lose the trezor.

1 Like

Yes, sorry i cant explain my self. If something happens to my trezor, I have to buy another trezor (expensive, have to save some money) and wait weeks or months to get it here. I know how to get my private key from the seed words and i know how to put that private key in a bitcoin wallet and move the bitcoins, what i dont know is how to move the maidsafe if its in a segwit address?

1 Like

Anyone got a preference on the best trezor.
1 or T ?