Guide is still work in progress. How to buy guide for Uniswap is currently being made.
After the hard and dedicated work of our forum member @Dimitar setting up the how to buy omni MAID guide I decided to step up and start with a similar guide, but for eMAID. As most of you probably already know, storing & sending erc20 tokens can be much more convenient than omni. In this guide I’ll tell you all about it. There are currently 2 exchanges trading eMAID, 1 CEX and 1 DEX, with probably more to follow.
What’s the difference between a CEX and a DEX
A decentralized exchange (DEX) is a peer-to-peer (P2P) marketplace that connects cryptocurrency buyers and sellers. In contrast to centralized exchanges (CEXs), decentralized platforms are non-custodial, meaning a user remains in control of their private keys when transacting on a DEX platform. A DEX adds an additional layer of security, often at the expense of UI/UX.
How to: Buy eMAID at P2PB2B (CEX)
- When logged in go to your wallet in the top right corner
- Select “Main Account” on the left side
- Navigate to or search for BTC (Bitcoin) and select deposit on the right side
- Copy the address using the clipboard button and send Bitcoin to it to buy eMAID
- Once arrived on the exchange (3 confirmations) where going to transfer it from the main wallet to the trade wallet. Go back to your wallet, main account and navigate to BTC as described in step 1, 2 and 3. Now instead of selecting deposit, select transfer.
- Type in the amount or select the max button to transfer all. Press confirm
- We’re now ready to buy eMAID. Go to Trade on the left side of the top menu navigation bar
- Search for eMAID on the right side and select market (make sure BTC market is selected) and click on EMAID/BTC
- In the Buy menu, enter the price you want to buy in BTC and enter the amount of eMAID you would like to purchase. You can select the 100% button after you’ve entered your price to fill the amount bar with the exact amount of eMAID you can buy with your current balance.
- Press the Buy EMAID button. After the confirmation popup appears, select confirm. You’re now (one of the first at this point) proud owner of eMAID.
How to: Withdraw eMAID from P2PB2B
Leaving funds on centralized exchanges can result in losses of funds. We strongly advice you to not use CEX’s as a storage. Leaving small amounts on exchanges can be beneficial in saving withdrawal cost but please withdraw your funds as soon as you’re talking amounts that are significant to your portfolio. Below a quick guide how to withdraw your funds from P2PB2B.
- To withdraw eMAID from P2PB2B you need USDT (Tether) in your account, $20 at the time of writing. You can either deposit USDT directly, or sell a portion of your BTC for USDT using the how to buy guide above. You can also use credit card deposits, but I’d recommend against that as the fees are extremely high.
- Once you have enough USDT in your account you can go to the wallet section of your account, clicking the wallet button in the top right corner as described in step 1 of the how to buy guide above.
- First we will transfer all your eMAID from the trade account to your main account from where you can withdraw. Click the trade account on the left side, search for eMAID, and click on the transfer button as described in the how to buy guide above in step 5. Then select the max button and press confirm as showed in step 6 in the above guide.
- We’re now ready to withdraw eMAID. Return to the wallet section and click on main account in the left side of your screen. Search for eMAID and click on the withdraw button on the right.
- In the withdrawal address, enter your Ethereum address and enter the amount you would like to withdraw (or press the max button to withdraw all eMAID from your main account. Now press submit.
- After you’ve received the confirmation email, press the link in the mail to confirm your withdrawal.
- Go to the eMAID/USDC pool and click Trade: https://info.uniswap.org/#/pools/0x35593881b7723b39a5bdbcb421e55c1ff1953f4b
2. Click Import
3. Click Connect Wallet
4. Click MetaMask (if you don’t have a metamask, find out how to create one here: https://metamask.io/faqs/)
5. Click the down arrow to change the USDC to the EMAID
6. Click Allow the Uniswap Protocol to use your USDC
7. Enter the amount in USDC for which you want to buy eMAID and Click Swap
8. From the gear you can adjust the percentage change in the price to buy if someone buy ahead of you. Many bots lurk for such an opportunity, it is better to have a low percentage DEFI Sandwich Attack Explain.
This is information for the curious and those who want to add liquidity
Go to https://info.uniswap.org/#/pools/0x35593881b7723b39a5bdbcb421e55c1ff1953f4b and find Add eMAID and USDC* transaction and click on it
Copy the token ID from the transaction
Replace the token ID here with the numbers https://app.uniswap.org/#/pool/TheNUMBERS?chain=mainnet
You can see the specific address, how much liquidity it has added and how many fees it has earned so far:
How to: Store eMAID on a Trezor device (Coming soon)