How many transaction can handle finished network?

How many transaction can handle finished network?

there was a test for this some time ago somewhere in the updates I think that claimed a really big transaction number that would only scale with more sections. related to bitcoin really big transaction number

2 Likes

and relate to visa or end of fiat currency…?

1 Like

No guarantees but that’s likely because the rate should increase with the size of the network. So more users means greater numbers of transactions supported.

3 Likes

users or nodes? (farmers)

Both in a way because most of the work is done by the client, and also when you have more users, you also have more modre nides because the users past nodes to store their data.

1 Like

Visa processes around 1,700 transactions per second

ok I would be glad if someone give me number of this last test, just curious about that, thanks

1 Like

though the code has changed since then with more complexity and I dont know how that translates to txs per second… I will search for that last test! hold on

3 Likes

I don’t think there is a way to know the rate at the moment as network is in flux and I don’t recall what previous numbers were (but David had an estimate a long time ago, so maybe not accurate anymore anyway).

That said, the important thing to understand is that the rate scales, and even on a small network it would be decently high … so total transactions per second on a global scale network would be in the millions IMO.

Safe Network should attract and hold vastly more nodes than other crypto networks as it’s a data sharing network not a blockchain, so practically unlimited use-cases compared to blockchain and hence far more users/nodes … so vastly higher transaction rates.

4 Likes

Use the forum Search for “@divine transactions per second” and you’ll find several posts, this is one of the most recent:

8 Likes

there you go!

5 Likes

… and that’s just a small in-house test network I suppose.

2 Likes

We would appear to have the infrastructure, now someone needs to figure out the logic required to finally deliver the long-awaited micro-payments.

3 Likes

More like sections.

More sections mean more nodes as well. And it would be expected more clients since a portion of clients decide to run up nodes.

The client does the heavy lifting as @happybeing said and elders do the checking and nodes do storing. In effect they all work together.

The initial test was 50K transaction rate for a section, but this must be considered with a grain of salt since the test was not with all the requirements involved. This doesn’t mean a transaction occurred in 1/50,000th of a second but that was the throughput since there is plenty of parallelism

Even if 5K transactions, then with 10,000 sections (on order of 1 million nodes and maybe 1000 million clients) that could end up being 5 million or more transaction rate per second.

8 Likes

“The brain of your Tesla: Neural networks with 1 billion parameters, completing 144 trillion operations per second”

That is impressive! I wonder how many transactions per second the latest safe network code can process!

1 Like

Operations and transactions are different beasts. Difficult to compare since they describe different things.

3 Likes