How its going with organization in Switzerland?

how its going with creation organization in Switzerland?

4 Likes

It is going, but lots of effort and moving pieces. No impediment and looks like there are no major hurdles left, but let’s see. It’s a lot of paperwork, legal and the like.

19 Likes

And IF it will doesnt work, then you do not run network?

1 Like

If it doesn’t work MaidSafe will release the code on github and an anonymous account named Satoshi will be registered on the forum which will release settings for genesis nodes. If the community joins in there it will be the Safe network.

Privacy. Security. Freedom

6 Likes

If what doesn’t work? The Swiss foundation?

It’s pretty straightforward, not really much different from incorporating any other kind of organisation, just following the particulars of the Swiss administration. It’s all proceeding as planned and expected.

21 Likes

Hey, any progress?

5 Likes

Yup, good progress!

Naturally we are subject with the timescales of the Swiss administration, but we anticipate being incorporated within the month, and then being operational in Switzerland shortly following that.

23 Likes

Excellent news Jim. I know this has been a lot of hard work behind the scenes but the benefits should be well worth it.

8 Likes

Things all feel like they are coming closer to convergence. There’s that feeling in the air again and in the midst of a bear market, it’s quite inspiring.

:_: Safe Network… loading

13 Likes

Does being operational mean also some sort of physical location?

4 Likes

No physical location, the team will still be based remotely.

8 Likes

Wait… I thought you said corner office in Geneva!?

6 Likes

Afraid not, but a few of us got together and got you a fondue set to make up for it.

3 Likes

Get ready to relax with this after all your hard work

3 Likes

And after that, you can relax with this!

:racehorse:

2 Likes

hey, I write after month+, any progress? thanks

1 Like

Last week reply was that papers were being signed.

4 Likes

Yup - last legal things to be finalised. Unfortunately the strikes in the snail mail slowing some things down.

13 Likes

How are we getting on here?
The reason I ask is, I had the impression that once this was a go, a certain amount of funding could be released. there are many places where this funding is required, not least getting some resources in to revamp the safenetwork.tech site.

A while back I raised an issue on this and was IIRC told that it used React Static which is now deprecated tech and would be best redone entirely. If this is in fact the case, is there any point in continuing to raise issues on Github? I’d raise a PR but if its all going to change anyway…

My issues include simple typos all the way up to sections that are just plain outdated now.
No criticism intended here, we all know what the priorities have been but if at all possible, bringing safenetwork.tech up to a standard where we can show it to others with a straight face should be a priority.
And yes, I know its a moving target right now, but if we could pay for one or two competent bodies to get the work at least started it would help.

This all kicked off because interacting with ChatGPT shows that it returns perfectly good answers that would have made sense 2-3 years ago showing that most of its knowledge of SAFE is unsurprisingly from safenetwork.tech
My immediate goal of cheating with ChatGPT was to produce a Powershell script to join the network and build a node for Windows users.

1 Like

Not to detract from your main point but the main reason chatGPT will be out of date is that its learning model is based on data that is old. The intro page says something like, “chatGPT has limited understanding of anything more recent than 1.5 years ago”. So it might not be much use if you want to do things based on them state of the art.

1 Like