How does MaidSafe solve double-spending?

I read the whitepaper and knew right away what he was talking about. Most people in the community who paraphrased Satoshi also got it mostly correct.

All those other coins, Ethereum, Nxt, all build on the blockchain for a reason, because there is no alternative.

I have read the whitepaper (safecoin) and still don’t have a good idea how the transactions work, it seems to be double spend easy, with double spending is being glossed over.

I haven’t been into Bitcoin for 4 years, I have learned a lot of stuff in the last year or so. Satoshi’s big thing was the blockchain and it’s considered genius. I am now looking through Safecoin code and the whitepaper to see their genius, the replacement to Satoshi’s blockchain.

I assumed that this hurdle was solved as it’s far beyond any of the other hurdles you will face. Creating a blockchain replacement that requires no central ledger and has no central record, this accomplishment on it’s own actually would be a hundred times more noteworthy than proof of resource.

If the development team has not solved the blockchain replacement I advise this: Please adopt a blockchain technology and begin to implement your Safecoin proof of resource and proof of computation on top.

If I am reading this right, the team have not yet solved the Byzantine Generals Problem and also have to solve some other major problems: Proof of Resource being one.

I know there are thousands of alternative CryptoCurrencies so it might seem the blockchain is no longer a wonder but in fact simple commodity, but please remember it’s one of the few practical working solutions to the Byzantine Generals Problem on this Earth, and here the Maidsafe team claim to have a better solution.

I am not impressed.

I would prefer the team work within their domain, getting Proof of Resource working and adopt tried and tested technology for the other stuff, such as the ledger of accounting.

If I am out of order, please explain why.

4 Likes