HitBTC holding coins and no response! Beware!

HitBTC has a scammy reputation, and I personally don’t think it should be mentioned on any of Maidsafe’s sites.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree, however it is painful to learn it this way…

2 Likes

Had the same with hitbtc a few years ago.
Although the withdrawal did go trough after i completed kyc.

3 Likes

Hello @nailonhead, thank you for reply - so there is hope :slight_smile:

HitBTC is not a complete scam, so I don’t think your coins are gone by any stretch, or really that there is even much to worry about that being the case. They definitely do some shady things, and are sketchy about how they move so much volume, but I don’t think they are outright going to steal your coins.

In any case, I would use Bittrex in the future if you are going to continue to accumulate MAID.

4 Likes

Thanks for this advice.
I used to trade some coins on Bittrex up to a moment when they requested lots of documents - but not just an ID & selfie (like on hitBTC), they wanted my monthly paycheck info, work place etc.
Basically even more compared to when you take a mortgage, so I decided to pass.
I’ve spoken to support, and they said I was randomly selected for verification, and that I had a week or so to comply. I searched for similar Bittrex cases over Internet and found that people had their coins frozen, because papers they submitted were not good enough for whatever reason.

I am not a trader, but when I see a great project, like SAFE is, eventually basically replacing top 4 layers of OSI model, I just have to be part of it. Once fully in place it will be so refreshing and liberating for whole world…

3 Likes

Changelly and Simpleswap are also options.
I have not heard of any issues but dyor.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been a lurker here for several years, and your post made me do what I should have done some time ago and remove tokens from a trading account. My first transfer from hitbtc was about 5 hours ago and is now confirmed and my recent transfer request has also been accepted. Both requestes required an email “confirmation” but this was relatively painless. Im a bit more comfortable with my exchange balances now. ATB

6 Likes

I had this a few months ago - I opened a ticket, provided the docs then the maid was released.