Help moving PDC from burn address to ERC20 wallet

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone here might be able to help me with an issue I’m having trying to claim my PDC assets. I’m trying to get them to be ERC20 tokens. I’ve got as far as burning the coins and now they are claimable and to do so I need to send data via the etherium network but it seems to just fail every time I try. Here’s what it says on the PDC site that I need to do:

“Calling the contract is done by sending a transaction that contains data. The transaction does not transact Ether. However, a transaction incurs a fee. Make sure the Ethereum address has sufficient Ether balance.”

I’m using myetherwallet to send the data. I tried twice but it failed twice.

I set the gas initially to 21988, and the second time round to 53000. Do you know if I need to increase it? Here are the transactions:

First attempt

Second attempt

If anyone has any insights I’d be super grateful as not sure what to do and am out of ideas!

Thanks

Luke

The first transaction had the gas limit too low, but the second had some other error occur. I don’t think increasing the gas limit would help with the second error.

1 Like

Not sure if these will help but,

1 Like

I have a rather sad feeling it’s that I need more ETH to cover the fees.

According to the etherscan gas tracker I need about $25 for an ERC20 transfer, then I’ll need a further $80 for sell the coins on uniswap. :thinking: :sob:

I think this is more of a novices guide and you appear to know what your doing, personally I know nothing of eth, but just wanted to drop this link incase it helps.

1 Like

If I gave that impression I can only apologise :slight_smile:

Yeah, I did follow that but am trying to go through the process of turning them into ERC20 PDC coins and this is where I am stuck. Once I have managed to do that I’ll be able to use uniswap.

1 Like

Maybe tag dimitar, he made that guide, so it looks like he has been through the process.
He also setup the uniswap pair, so he seems to understand how to use eth well.

Oh right. I was DMing him. I actually got to the final point, too, but have been delaying it for reasons like this (like cost, and also I’ve never familiarized myself with Ethereum). I’m unsure what this says about the easiness of the potential MAID ERC20 swap, or what can be learned from it [to make it easier if possible, though it’s already fairly easy, except for the willingness to pay such big fees, which I was also warned about by Dimitar, on top of learning to personally securely deal with Ethereum itself].

I’m sorry Luke, I don’t know what this error means…

Privacy. Security. Freedom

1 Like

So, update:

I did manage to finally get my ERC20 PDC coins!!

I couldn’t do it with myetherwallet (kept on getting weird error messages and would not recommend) but I did finally get success using a wallet called metamask.

I think I spent about $40 on failed processing fees, and the a further $50 on the successful fees so was not cheap though.

I then sold it on uniswap successfully so all is well.

Thanks everyone for their input and help

3 Likes

Is there a post on how to convert omni to erc20?

Hi, I am at the same stage trying to convert my PDC coins to ERC20 coins. I used m D’cent wallet Eth address, but I can not add data contract to the send transaction to do the conversion. Can anybody tell
how to do this transaction on the D’cent wallet app.
Thanks.

In principle, you can buy a Trezor / Ledger and insert your Seed phrase into it and then connect it to MyEtherWallet | MEW

In fact, there is another way. It should not matter whether you Call the Contract from your D’cent wallet or from another software wallet. @Seneca can you tell is it matter from which wallet you send the message to the Contract? Can @switch01 create a new wallet and Call the Contract with it?

Just a heads up to those using a ledger wallet to claim PDC. Blind signing must be enabled which means the entirety of your Eth assets are at risk when calling the contract. I believe Seneca is a good actor but a bad actor could use ‘blind signing’ to access everything on your wallet. So for peace of mind I’d suggest using a secondary eth deposit address with no other assets.

1 Like

It’s good advice. For even more security/peace of mind, you could download the source code, read it, and run it locally. All code is run in the local browser, nothing server-side:

So far nothing bad like that has ever happened, but you should always be vigilant when it comes to crypto transactions.

2 Likes