Help making tutorial apps

node.js <=> regular javascript

So what to use, Node or regular JS to approach the Safe API? I had a chance to try the two “auth”-examples in the API-documentation under Node just now.

More or less cut-and-pasted the first one and the Launcher started to balk already, for me to authorize a newcomer to the scene. Take returned token from the ‘console’ to the other MaidSafe code-fragment and this checked ‘OK’ for “still authorized”.

Coaxing Node into cooperating was the real hurdle. It already sat on my Windows-machine, installed by another application, otherwise there is this download of a single Node.exe as an alternative to a full installation.

If you opt for the single executable you do have to find out how to install other extras yourself but one can have Node married to this wonderful companion, NPM, which then will do all the shopping for you afterwards.

NPM assisted for example when Node wanted ‘request’ to be present to execute the Safe API code to delegate an HTTP-POST and -GET.

About the latter, you had an earlier question answered in the forum I noticed today?

And it is what they say it is, that much less JavaScript to accomplish what you want is a compelling reason to invest in what do IT-books call it, “Mastering this or that”, in this instance Node.

So where are we?

– Our intention to collaborate together pays of nicely - at least for me for now ;o)

– You probably still wish us to explore the pure JavaScript-way of doing things which is OK by me

– Because I will counter with a Windows-scripting initiative which is different from JS

– We’ll have to keep an eye on this other part of the forum where they discuss the future of the Launcher as to not have the rug pulled from under us

– We have to compare notes in regard to what we use for OS and how you want to proceed, was yours in fact an API-question or a general learning-more-of-programming-question?