Help making tutorial apps

Okay after reading this

And after doing some thinking after a few days here are my musings.

Data cannot just appear in your database. It has to be moved there from somewhere else. Which means it has to move along a connection of some sort. Much like a phone that will not work and get a dial tone unless it’s plugged into the network via a phone cord you need to plug your app into the API via a line of code.

As near as I can figure this is your phone cord.

http://localhost:8100/auth

or at least it is in the case of authenticating. You send data there and the API then sends data back along that connection into your database. I may be wrong but it appears that is a created tag and is part of the API system that is expected by the API to signal the return of an authentication token.

I’m not quite understanding the specifics of the nodejs exactly but the logic seems to be post = status code 200, which would seem to infer the assumption the app got authenticated. The rest is if else statements to handle cases where it would have failed in the cases of 400 and 401.

I think this will come down to playing around with code in javascript and juryrigging something. It’s going to look god awful most likely but that might just be the only sollution.