Has this forum been upgraded to the paid model?

A few hours ago, the forum was upgraded to the Business plan ($100/month) of Discourse.org. Previously, we were on the Standard plan ($50/month). We have a 50% discount since we are an open source project :smiley:

Initially, the forum was hosted with DiscourseHosting, but we moved to Discourse.org last December. That way, we are able to directly support the core team who is building the amazing Discourse software! Also, I really appreciate the fact that we get frequent updates (almost every day as far as I can see!) instead of every stable release (every few months) like DiscourseHosting was doing. We also have very good performance and reliability because of the servers configured by the Discourse team.

The reason we upgraded to the Business plan (500k monthly page views) is because of the increased amount of traffic on the forum, which means that we couldn’t fit on the Standard plan (100k monthly page views) anymore.

For example, here is a graph of the traffic from December 1 to March 31:

We went from 117k page views in January to 302k page views in March. And with the MVP being released very soon, it seemed like a good timing to upgrade to the Business plan :smiley:

As I explained here, safenetwork.io belongs to @dallyshalla and is protected by a lawyer named Javier Delahoya.

Well the way it works is that the admins of this forum can see a section called “Account Management” inside the admin panel of the Discourse software. This section contains info about our subscription and buttons such as “Change Billing Email”. It’s @nicklambert who currently receives the invoices (MaidSafe is paying for the hosting).

5 Likes