Has the forum members caught the ethereum Buzz!

I was like @MrAnderson. I was a full participant. I ended up turning off all of my Eth miners.

Why?

1. My realization that anything ethereum could do, Bitcoin could and will do better. (Via transaction channels, sidechains, AND Omni.)

2. My hunch that ether will not really be required to function in the ethereum pond, thus raising doubts about why ether has the value it does.

3. My concern about the dog-pile effect. Lots of ethereum interest. Lots of different and private parties forking it off. Who gets the network effect?

4. If you want to blockchain something, support Bitcoin and it’s third party projects. If you want something non blockchain, support MaidSafe.

Please take all with a small grain of salt. These are just personal musings.

3 Likes

yes ok, that does put a different slant on things and you certainly make a good point…but it could be scaled using micropayments/iota so that it was still less than a fraction of a cent a day taken automatically I could see it working, at least for the short/medium term.

but yes, you make good points for sure, more for me to think about, thanks

2 Likes

I agree 100% Ando

I’ve looked at Ethereum and I’m just like meh~

I see what they are doing but to me it just seems like its all about money and nothing else.

SAFE on the other hand is more than just money, it’s about real solutions to real world problems, we can make something revolutionary here that will forever be remembered as a key catalyst for change a-la Bitcoin and the money is a bonus.

2 Likes

I think the core developers at Etheruem are the real deal and not only thinking about profit. This is a great video of an early cypher punk Vinay Gupta explaining some of Ethereums goals. Vinay Gupta - Dangerous Old Men: cypherpunk's failure, Ethereum's success - YouTube

2 Likes

Yes, I really like Vinay, and Vitalik and lots of other eth devs I’ve seen. They say invest in people and I’m inclined to agree with ‘them’. That’s also one of the reasons I’m here. The brightest people and best ideas seem to me to be in BTC, Eth and SAFE atm. Not that I’m in any way qualified to make that judgement, but my money hedges those three as the best shots at leading the way for now and I think it’ll only take one of them succeeding for that to have been a great bet.
Most of the other alt coins seem like child’s play by comparison, especially with SAFE ofc…

SAFE4EVER FANBOY

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

A beginner here. Seeing the latest developments on ETH and big companies coming to support it, would that affect MAID in anyway, good or bad? Also are ETH and MAID competing against each other or do you see that in the future potentially? Thanks!

They’re very very different. Both are decentralizing projects, but are working toward different visions / specific products.

And we’re all friends here in the decentralization area, as we’re all working toward a fairer world together :slight_smile: There have been many friendly tweets between the ETH and MAID team, and we all support each other.

No great feat was ever accomplished alone!

8 Likes

The Eth price rock today, who drive it up?

Buyers :smile:

Joking aside, how would we know who is/are driving up the price?

Ethereum on fire… up over 20% today, now at $8.20 (was under $1 in Dec). http://www.CoinCap.io

I’m obsessed by Bitcoin, Ethereum and Maidsafe and I think they make each other stronger. At the moment I’m building a new service on the Ethereum blockchain with a few lines of code and I’m not a coder…very impressive.

There are a lot of items on the roadmap to solve the blockchain scaling issues. With Ethereum it will mean that the Gas price will go down.
My service is about shares in assets with real time dividend. To distribute the dividend it’s important that the Gas price is low.

Related to Safenetwork …I was thinking that we can maybe store the Bitcoin and Ethereum blockchain on the Safenetwork, that would be cool.

2 Likes

hey - just thought i’d mention: there was a topic about blockchain inside safe and stuff :smiley: maybe you’d like the input what others thought about this idea (at least i think it is exactly what you aimed at)

i’m really curious how the blockchain scaling issue will be addressed mid- to long-term :slight_smile: i like bitcoin but i’m very glad the safe network doesn’t have a blockchain :wink: aaaaand i’m sooo curious how safecoin will turn out to be :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Does the blockchain use for tracking purpose only, and safecoin doesn’t .

Interesting article.

I like the blockchain for tracking and I also love Ethereum Solidity. And I love my Bitcoin creditcard and I can’t wait to start using Safenetwork to store my data.

1 Like

ETH has exceeded a $1B market cap!

2 Likes

Yeah quite amazing. And I still own a number of them even while I got a part if my investment out already ;-). I really have no clue where this thing is going.

2 Likes

This is almost exactly how I feel. So many things about it make very little sense.

1 Like