Has anyone seen my avatar?

I’ve noticed that some members’ avatars (@janitor and @nicklambert come to mind) aren’t showing up for me in my browser (firefox) anywhere that they should be. This happened after the change-over to Discourse.org.

The question is, I can see mine, can you guys?

1 Like

Yes, for some reason, people who had uploaded custom avatars (as opposed to using Gravatar) lost them during the migration. I talked about it with Discourse.org, but they are not sure why it happened.

maybe we could look into it more, but it doesn’t affect that many users. I would suggest users who lost their avatar to simply reupload it. it shouldn’t happen again. sorry for the inconvenience :smile:

/cc @neil

Yes, we can see your avatar :smiley:

2 Likes

Glad you guys are on top of it!

2 Likes

My avatar seems to have survived and I’m sure it was uploaded, not gravitar. When I first visited I think it was missing but very soon appeared.

2 Likes

Mine is custom, and still here!

1 Like

Hmm, I had another look, but can’t find any reason why some custom avatars were lost in the move. The backup image has files in the uploads/…/avatars directory, and as you say some of them are currently working. I wonder if discoursehosting was doing something fancy with uploads that is not typical of Discourse installs. We’re using discourse code as you see it in our repo, but they might have forked and customized somehow. :confused:

2 Likes