Hardware device for the SAFE network to prevent keylogger/phishing

Since there is only one password on the safe network for everything, it means that anyone able to get it have access to literally every of your data, as well as all your money ( safecoins) and personal info, etc…

I think compared to the current system this has obvious advantages but it also has some downsides, for example a hacker that would get access to one of your account today would be able to get the jackpot on the safe network.

So to me it seems very important to have a solution like trezor where you can create a pin/password and login securely even on an infected machine.

What do you guys think?

4 Likes

You may wish to read up on these topics. This topic has been well discussed.

A good idea is to search the forums first

And plenty more

1 Like

MS totally sold out, its become part of prism.

1 Like

@malice:

Since there is only one password on the safe network for everything, it means that anyone able to get it have access to literally every of your data, as well as all your money ( safecoins) and personal info, etc…

For this reason it would be wise to segregate your data in the short term, having different accounts for different purposes. Not all your Safecoin in one place etc.

In time, other ways of mitigating these risks will be developed, including hardware keys as you suggest. It is an important point you raise, and it will be dealt with, I’m sure of that.

5 Likes

Onetime pass with offline (hardware) signing like ‘trezor or similar’ transaction signing would be cool but dunno if that’s possible…

Two factor authentication would go a long way here. Even if they log your key strokes, the second factor will change and void their use anyway.

4 Likes

If they do go 2-factor auth, it would be good to make sure there are options that don’t require a cell phone.

The options shuffled so far in the forum has been SQRL and Fido’s U2F.
I remember @dirvine was looking favorable the SQRL, not sure about U2F.

I wrote a post detailing the U2F mechanism:

Which was a spinoff from this forum thread: