GUI for farming nodes

I really like the simplicity of the Noia GUI and I like to see something like that for SAFE farming nodes

11 Likes

So what information do we want available from the GUI

For instance on one of the screens

• node ID
  • Section ID
  • Node Age
  • uptime
  • time in previous age states, which is time to progress from each age to the next.

Can you include the desired info/screens in the OP and lets build up the info desired and how to display it (raw figure, dial, %age, whatever)

8 Likes

for the average user I think the important things are what resources SAFE uses, so the example of Noia is on the right track. At a glance you see:

• Download speed
  • Upload speed
  • Number of Connections
  • Available storage
  • Cached data
  • Auto reconnect option after restart…

Very simple and informative :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Yes have a basic view(s) and many of us early adoptors would desire advance views too that show such information as I suggested above plus a lot more.

5 Likes

It would be nice if the core of the vault exposed the values ( age, ID, storage, bandwidth, etc ) using some sort af API, so that one could build GUIs in a generic way : the GUI would just ask the vault and display the values in a fancy way. You could make an electron GUI, a gtk one, a Qt , whatever. There could even be a CLI ui.

2 Likes

Optimal vault size will most likely be smaller than the trending larger hard drive sizes available going forward so GUI support for handling multiple vaults per machine is probably a basic feature necessity. Also reporting what the network thinks the optimal size of a vault should be would allow users to efficiently allocate HD space when spinning up new vaults.

2 Likes

I like it.

Show basic data as default.
With a button for advanced data, a bit like a routers admin webpage.

2 Likes