Goodbye from him (moderator) , and hello from me

So now I dont have to be nice to you any more or upvote your comments? :smile: (kidding) Anyway … great job you did and appreciate your wisdom and contributions. GL!

3 Likes

I know that feeling all to well, so let me just say. Thanks for your time and energy and see you in the next topic Mark!

Talk to you later :wink:

1 Like

@chadrickm

I’ll be flagging every cheeky and argumentative post he does :wink: Hope you’re ready sir…

***** what have I done!? :slight_smile:

Argumentative I know I can do. Cheeky I’ll work on. Fun and playful is where is where I aspire to be :slight_smile:

Good luck Chadrick I’m gonna getcha when you’re not lookin’ :wink:

@dirvine thank you very much for your kind words and encouragement, now and many other times. Again it means a lot, I’m touched. I will though be dusting off my skates once the network is safely :slight_smile: established and we can risk letting you on the ice after a beer.

BTW I am still a mod on the MaidSafe reddit, so the dictator lives!

9 Likes

Apropos beer, that reminds me. You still owe me a beer. Can’t remember what for, but I’m sure I deserve it. So, yeah, I’m going to hold to you accountable!

2 Likes

Yes @hillbicks, I owe you a beer. It’s sitting in my fridge right now… well, for a few more minutes I guess :wink:

PS I think you made that up, but you get a beer regardless.

5 Likes

Doubting me? Now it’s two beers. :smiley:

2 Likes

So nice to see “You have 58 unread messages in your moderator inbox” vanish!

As a community member, many thanks to all in our fantastic moderator team. I’ll happily buy all of you a beer - hopefully in Troon one day :beers:

4 Likes

@hillbicks Remind me to count my fingers after we shake hands. :wink:

I know, I know, that’s three beers now. This being cheeky is tooo expensive guys.

3 Likes

And now he’s calling me greedy. Should’ve upped the price to whiskey. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

This post is not in line with the forum guidelines. It’s an unwritten rule that you do it for life. It’s a religion :joy:
On a serious note Mark, I’ve really enjoyed working with you. I still remember bugging you with questions on Reddit about scanning chunks as a node and look their hashes up in a list to find out someone downloaded a Hollywood blockbuster. That was the moment you pointed me to this forum as you probably noticed I had the virus as well ;-). When I started modding after being around some time I quickly understood that this is was not a regular tech forum. We are very open and welcoming to whatever person and as mods we always try to be as fair to everybody here as we can. You definitely worked hard to make that mindset part of this community (and moderation) as it is undoubtedly part of your way of life as well. Thanks for all the great interactions and I know for sure we’ll both be around for a long time on this forum. Indeed celebrating the releases to come :thumbsup:.

11 Likes

Thank you @happybeing and good luck.

5 Likes

Happybeing Thank YOU :sunny:

5 Likes

Does that mean you will not ban me anymore for, say, this?

Rock on, man. Thanks for your work.

9 Likes

I have always enjoyed your presents on this forum. You have always added a reasonable, mature energy to the discussions. I look forward to your future efforts! Thank you for all your hard work!

7 Likes

I’m only okay with your departure if that means you’ll be focusing on safePRESS! I’m only joking, I appreciate the effort you put in as a mod but man what a huge weight off the ol’ shoulders. Just stick around, and I was joking about joking, get to work on safePRESS.

2 Likes

A wee present for your efforts PSA: rustc/cargo can now be installed on ARM Linux, NetBSD and FreeBSD using rustup/multirust - announcements - The Rust Programming Language Forum

I know you will like it. Now lets get those crates in order.

12 Likes

Thanks David :slight_smile: very nice present… although I already had Rust/Cargo installed for some time using multi-rust. I try building every so often but it fails in at least a couple of places (one is one of the external dependencies - something like nix?). I haven’t wanted to pester (tooooo much) and haven’t had time to poke around myself so just revisit once in a while. If it’s worthwhile me looking into this now let me know and I’ll set aside some of my new found spare time :wink:

2 Likes

And thank you again everyone - so many of you! What a fantastic community we have here. :heart_eyes:

A great tribute to David and the team he’s attracted, and which has attracted all of you great people, and me :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Solid effort Mark! Thanks for your guidance and the continual energy you have put into helping the community and this amazing project. I look forward to seeing the cheeky and argumentative posts from you soon :wink: I’m sure they will be balanced and well reasoned regardless.

4 Likes

So welcome, I guess, in the normal world :wink:

3 Likes