Same thing here. Was originally a PDF I made directly for MaidSafe but I think partially funding it by the community, and having the community guide the videos and work submitted by the “Leaders” as described in this document will be a much more efficient system and even more powerful.
(Reformatted for better viewing on this Forum & mobile):
In addition to the Company e-Office Expansion Proposal, I have another proposal that I have been designing, but this time for community expansion. I have been involved with SAFE Pods for years, starting in SF but also attending / hosting in many other countries, and once even officially under MaidSafe, with MS employee @hunterlester .
Over time I have created a larger plan that is written as briefly as possible below, for now:
Events / Leader Requirements
This proposal revolves around (myself, MaidSafe, or both) finding leaders in various countries that are dedicated to MaidSafe and responsible for organizing around 1-2 events each month. They will be compensated (below) and in order to receive that, they must fulfill certain responsibilities, such as securing reliable venues, recording each event, and putting sufficient effort into local outreach (which could be boosted by the MaidSafe e-Office Advertising or SMM Team). Since I have many ideas and plans for the exact execution of this, I would be glad to dedicate my other time online to getting people up to speed for fulfilling these requirements, as I do this constantly with MaidSafe Asia.
I have several “Leaders” in mind throughout Asia, who I know well and would be happy to start, such as Eddie in Jakarta, @aydenlee / @Jinho_Jang in Korea, myself or @Harvindar in Malaysia ($600/mo office), @ken1 Nguyen in Vietnam, And in terms of regulars on the forum for the rest of the world, @goindeep comes to mind for Australia, @happybeing London Meetup group for England, @Joseph_Meagher or Ireland, @frabrunelle for Canada, and Hunter has proven to be too busy for SF but I’m sure I can talk to my other SAFEr’s there. And if any of the above people don’t have time for this $500/mo job, then they can find people for a small bonus perhaps. It would be great for MaidSafe to allow me to develop this template and get people started, as it will be a replicateable model to expand throughout the whole world and increase our community, investors and developer pools. All are important for MaidSafe to succeed and revolutionize the internet. I’d be happy to help and get everyone going, and keep @SarahPentland & @dugcampbell in the loop, and for MS it would just be as easy as sending the crypto (I estimate MS might have $30m - $100m worth, to use for expansion).
Nevertheless I know MaidSafe likes to save money, and these events DO NOT have to be expensive. I estimate monthly costs of $500 for the leader, to keep them committed to it long term, and a final $500 to cover everything else, such as the venue, food, recording equipment, and anything else. Total of $1,000 per country per month, and would give a massive amount of new video material to post, and new members to the MaidSafe movement, in all corners of the world. This $1k could be negotiated down as well, if needed. I saw in my event with @hunterlester that they were paying some high budget for expensive catering, and this is NEVER required / the norm at tech Meetups. Devs are very happy with pizza, sandwiches, yogurt, granola bars etc and that worked much better. This is just one example of tips I can provide when getting new people up to speed.
- Have a standardized, replicateable model for community expansion into new countries
- I have several powerpoints that I can give for Leaders’ first meetup, then they start making their own
- I would be happy to spend time getting new people up to speed and creating group channels for us to support each other and post the video / image content created
- Would integrate nicely with the e-Office proposal I have, as there could be a team creating social media outreach for each of these standardized SAFE Pods (e.g. MS KL Meetup FB / Insta… Page, etc)
- This means every city involved would have its own complete Social Media outreach initiative to grow from, which is also standardized for the Leaders to use & support
- Leaders are paid and have responsibilities to fulfill, such as organizing everything and providing lots of recorded content for the community and masses to enjoy and learn from
- MaidSafe has control of everything, can view materials before they are posted, and can cancel any Leader’s position if the Leader is failing to satisfy the goals
- All MaidSafe would have to do provide the crypto and then can enjoy the community videos made
- Would be a great way to have a standardized template for global community expansion
I’ve done these events in over 10 major cities in the US and a very sucessful one in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia, and through all of these I have seen what works and where efficiencies can be made. I could get going on this as soon as you like and have leaders in mind for several places. I would organize it over Telegram and Trello mostly, or any workflow tools you prefer. Feel free to discuss this internally and then if you agree we can begin one country at a time or so. Would love to get this going, and really want MaidSafe to expand in 2018!
- Will “WhiteOutMashups”