Glasgow SAFE Network Meetup - 15th July 2019 - 18:30

The next Glasgow SAFE network meetup is confirmed for Monday 15th July at Avalon bar, next to the Mitchell library.

@Jean-Philippe will be giving a short talk to the group, providing what I’m sure will be interesting insights to current Safe Network developments.

There will be Pizza available for £5, teas & coffees on demand, and a full range of drinks from the bar.

On-street parking nearby is plentiful and free after 6pm.

Looking forward to seeing those who can make it there!

Please RSVP here if you plan to attend: https://www.meetup.com/SAFE-Network-Glasgow/events/262866634/

22 Likes

Video?

20 characters

Sorry I cant make it I am a little far away although im sure you folks will come up in my conversations

6 Likes

As this is just an informal chat, we probably won’t record it this time.

We’ll consider it for next time if it seems appropriate & feasible :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not on the Meetup thing sorry, but I’ll be there, and probably bringing at least one other. Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I won’t make it. This beach beats beer in Glasgow.

3 Likes

any live streaming on youtube ?

1 Like

I’ve not been able to get childcare for tonight, so I’m afraid I won’t make it along. Shames!

4 Likes

Left the beach after a lovely day and much sun fun beer and BBQ.
Too pished to drive back down to Glasgow - carry on without me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks everyone for another fun meet-up, and thanks to @DavidMc0 for organising it. Really hope these carry on, it’s great to hear everyone’s perspective in an IRL situation, and remember that we’re trying to make technology to serve people, rather than the other way round.

8 Likes

Totally agree, really enjoyed meeting folk and chatting through all manner of things. Thanks go to @DavidMc0 also! Looking forward to heading along to another one in the next couple of months.

10 Likes

Yeah, thanks all.

I really enjoyed chatting about the Safe Network & related issues with fellow enthusiasts, and it’s brilliant to get face to face interaction with some of the team who are working so hard to make it happen (@dugcampbell @victoria @Cgray @Jean-Philippe).

Thanks especially to @Jean-Philippe for his talk + Q&A session. It was great to hear some of your background and your insightful perspectives on the Safe Network’s development.

Thanks also for the new Safe Network t-shirt & for the pizza :smiley:

Looking forward to the next one, hopefully in August :slight_smile:

7 Likes