Glasgow meetup 2020

Would of been alright if there was anyone there hah. Nobody about though lol. Was good to see everyone though.

4 Likes

Yeah, never thought of it as a Monday night kind of a place though!

Quite a long way for me to come in every month, but certainly up for another meet up a bit sooner than last time…

2 Likes

I promise I’ll come to the next one you organise in Perth/Dundee/Stirling :smile:

Dunno if we have any E-burgers on the forum…

1 Like

I’d definitely be up for one closer to Perth / Dundee / Stirling if we can find a few others nearby, but It might just be the two Davids!

I’d be up for another in a couple of months, as like David the distance isn’t ideal for me every month.

Though the pub was nice, I didn’t think it was ideal, as the walkway through the seating meant it was a bit of a squeeze for a group of that size, and if any more came next time it’d be even more tricky. Happy to go with it again if everyone else is happy with it though.

1 Like

If we could get decent numbers, say >12, I think they’d let us move the tables around, we were just about the only ones in the lounge after 8.
It was fine for a pint and a wee chat, I wouldn’t suggest it if we had a speaker or any kind of presentation. And hopefully in a couple of months we will be doing presentations on Fleming to much larger audiences.

The Griffin lounge would be a better bet for that. We had 25-30 in there for a Scotcoin MeetUp a couple of years back and it was OK.

EDIT: Post Fleming we should be able to get sponsorship for a “corporate” venue - off the top of my head, Skyscanner, MBN, maybe even Business for Scotland - OR we should be able to blag a venue of Strathclyde or Glasgow Uni. Then we can argue about a post-presentation pub…

1 Like

Max, tell us more about the Open Source house in Sambucca…
Venue for a MaidSafe European summit?

https://wiki.hackerbeach.org/HackerHouse

1 Like

Cheers Max.

Get Kirsty to make an account on here, we need marketing peeps :slight_smile:
Best wishes to you both.

Its not that suitable to have a meetup at due to the overly difficult location of it and small technical population. Sort of the reason we picked there. Its in the state of still needing a significant amount of work this summer…

1 Like

Yes, I obviously picked Kirsty up wrong in the pub.
Fascinating idea, wish I was in a position to contribute. I looked at Sambucca on Google Maps, looks lovely.
I’ll Cat6 wire it for you and fling in a switch couple of wifi APs. Do this before you decorate it :slight_smile:

That is awesome but its actually one of the only things we do have in the house :joy: More in need to refitting the kitchen and building and extending the patio lol.

1 Like

Just got this. I think we can safely let this lapse and worry about it post_COVID. Thoughts?

3 Likes

I think so. It can easily be picked up again when there’s capacity to meet… I expect there are similar emails going around for many other meetup groups just now!

1 Like

Yes MeetUp are doubtless having severe cash-flow problems.
Oh dear - how sad.

Why not do a digital chat, we can all jump on a jitsi call at some point. We have a few private boxes floating around people can connect to…

4 Likes

I’m in! [20 of the world’s finest and most world-beating characters]

2 Likes

And through the magic that is digital commyoonimications, we can let people like @JPL attend a Glasgow MeetUp :slight_smile: Yaaay!!!

Oh wait, its digital, he can’t buy us beer… #RethinkReqd

Yes I’m far too tight to buy beer. I brew my own out of bark, leaves and belly button fluff and filter it through old socks. I do take delivery orders through Hermes.

2 Likes

How many Safecoin per keg?
Compared to some of the homebrew I have had inflicted on me that actually sounds quite tasty.

0.001 for the IPA, 0.002 for heavy. It’s a very cheap way to die

1 Like