Glasgow meetup 2020

That’s great news Shane. Look forward to meeting you. Fellow Mancunian(ish) and support worker(ish) here.

So who’s all coming?

The Laurieston is near Central Station, and also close to the underground for folk in the West End. Should be quiet enough on a Monday I think. Would that make the most sense? Any particular objections?

3 Likes

Let’s go with the Laurieston. We can always shift location next time if people don’t like it :slight_smile:

It’s likely to be a small turnout, but I’m sure we’ll all have plenty to talk about.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Monday!

3 Likes

OK Laurieston at 7 on Monday, See you all there.
Remember and bring a treat for @Shane’s wee dug!!

2 Likes

So that sounds like 4 definites.

Are you still in @neilgcns @JimCollinson @MaxSan?

Anyone else?

1 Like

Yes I’m still up for it even game for a look in the Laurieston I lived in Tradeston for years and never had a pint in it!!

2 Likes

Don’t tell me you hung out in the Sou-Wester…

Nelson because it used to open at 8am!!

1 Like

Thats even worse than the SouWester…
I could never get into the Nelson, no enough UDA tattoos to get past the bouncer

I used to frequent the Brazen as well so looks like I’ll manage in the Laurieston then

1 Like

My transpennine express train to Carlisle just got cancelled / refunded because of debris on the line caused by storm Dennis - the guy at the station is saying a tree has fallen - and I’m looking at £80 to take another route. I’m probably going to have to pull out unless I can find another train / the blockage is cleared by 2.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear that - was looking forward to meeting you (and your wee dug)

I hope they get it cleared sharpish.

That’s rubbish news!

Be great if they could get it sorted…

Probs gonna be closer to 8pm before I’m down guys, child sleep permitting

2 Likes

I’m running late myself …

Two of us sitting in the back of the lounge…

I should be there on time - across the road in a restaurant waiting on a curry!

Bring me a pakora or three

The early ones have more time to drink. Thats a bonus. :rofl:

1 Like

yesh - very true so it is

Same time, same place next month?
Thank you to all who showed up, hope the search for the Unit was successful but I’m glad I bailed for the bus home all the same,

4 Likes

The Unit?!

Yeah, good to see everyone again, and meet some for the first time…

4 Likes