Gamerbits eSports Apps

Does this have something to do with Gamerbits? Am I missing something?

1 Like

No just giving updates. Said on a side note. But maybe the wrong topic to post this. I’ll put the next info in the SAFE-FS thread when it’s ready to be released in the next few days or so

4 Likes

Thanks for helping people out with partial refunds from the Escrow.

Unfortunately I bought in with Ether, so won’t be able to get and refunds unless the ETH escrows re-appear (I can’t remember who they were).

Looking forward to hearing your update on the SAFEFS stuff when you’re ready to share!

1 Like

No I’m trying to open it to everyone. So don’t worry about that we can try to find a way. I’ve been brainstorming with a few community members and I think if people can just send their tokens to a burn address it can work, as long as we monitor the DEXes to make sure nobody is buying them falsely for refunds.

So send me a message if you would be able to burn yours. It should work out.

1 Like

Ok just an update, first time doing anything like this so a bit of a learning curve. But it looks like for ethereum, the “default” #0 address ( 0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000) and others like it are commonly used as the most verified burn address, with $15 trillion?? USD worth of tokens in it that haven’t moved ever, so that seems pretty well verified.

Want to learn more about these addresses before using them though. Just giving updates for now

1 Like

Hmm looks like I misunderstood parts of that. That seems to be much more than all the crypto markets in the world combined. Must be an error on that website.

Reading interesting discussions on ETH burn options and methods. Another option that seems to give more security and personalization is if I write half of an address with random characters and the person burning generates the second half of the address themselves. Said to be less of a honeypot situation if quantum ever takes hold, as it would go for addresses like 0x000000… etc first since they would be the highest default target.

There seems to be no gold standard or perfect way, only good methods to follow. This seems more decentralized. Probably giving it too much mind, just trying to do whatever is best.

2 Likes

The only problem I have left is sending the GBTS anywhere at all. I have a feeling it could be done with the help of the Electrum wallet (https://electrum.org) somehow, but I’m not sure. People should be careful not to expose the private key of their GBTS, if they have other currencies under the same key, though.

1 Like

Yes you should probably move any other currencies to other addresses first.

“Mycrypto” is another wallet like Exodus, and it has a secure desktop version that allows importing of keys and sending any types of tokens.

It’s by the same teams that made the original myetherwallet too. Anyone used it?

1 Like

Is this the one you mean?

With so many scamming attempts, it’s good to post direct links, if you trust some particular site.

Do you guys have any opinions on this “site verifier”:

Or do you use something else that can detect e.g. misspellings leading to fishing sites?

1 Like

Yes that’s a good link, it’s their official page.

And this is a link to the desktop version, on the same site there:

And there’s various ways to verify it, if you Google how, but the easiest is to just click on the https info at the top to verify. There’s also many articles about the wallet and it’s history and security online

1 Like

Good to see some talk of a refund.
When the partial refund method is finalised should probably post in in the main forum.
I’m here by chance on this thread.

:+1:

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve had a PM from you yet, did you also want to join in that?

I’ve had PMs coming through and people have supplied their info for it. Let me know if you want to do the same. Still open. Leaving enough time to give everyone a chance to catch up

Just to give another look, I’ll give anyone else an extra few weeks or so to send a message. Around that time I’ll start sending out burn information. I have the logic of it planned out but will try one at a time to make sure when it gets closer to that time. Been a bit busy but have had time to look into different burn options and learn.

2 Likes

So I guess this is a dead project, not even partial refund? I have sent 1 eth. Bad luck. Good experience.

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

Just because they would be accepted doesn’t mean much.
A token with a conversion rate to no fraction of our network token will be worth nothing.

We’ll see on the SAFE Network :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you expect if you created sn shitcoin xyz, with no value, anyone would take it as payment above zero.

I highly doubt it. Very bad business plan.

Judge when you use our app :wink:

Well if your app has usefulness, that should bring value and worth.
Gamerbits produced nowt, so won’t have value or worth will it.

1 Like