Gamerbits eSports Apps

My escrow is the MaidSafeCoins section.

And it is based on their live SAFE apps to generate profit and security.

We can’t see the progress of this until SAFE exists.

And don’t accuse things of being dead, did you follow their recent twitch giveaways to help onboard new gamers this year, it was a novel idea to keep pushing parts forward

To be fair, they don’t answer questions anywhere, provide any updates, or any indication of any life.

We’ve repeatedly asked for improved communication with no response. The project is either dead or completely ignoring those who helped fund them.

Are you in communication with the team, and do you have reason to think they’re still committed to delivering their concept?

6 Likes

I just saw their twitch token giveaways recently to different gamers, was an interesting marketing concept.

Can reach out if needed,

But the MaidSafe Apps part of Gamerbits is based on SAFE execution, so I’ve been standing by for that to see if that’s when the delivery is, unless they release working code for Alphanets in the meantime to try to fulfill the requirements early

And the MaidSafe community isn’t the only community they raised from or keep contact with. It’s an ETH project

2 Likes

It’s certainly worth reaching out to the team, and also to the other escrows for ETH / BTC etc.

It’s hard to argue that the project isn’t dead:

• their website is dead
  • their Subreddit receives no responses
  • their forum is dead
  • their last facebook post was in August 2017
  • their last tweet was in October 2017
  • they don’t respond in Telegram
  • last github update was in February 2018 by yourself @whiteoutmashups , and they didn’t do anything for months before that

I think it’s fair to say that the project is dead, or at least, every one of the 8 communication channels they promoted in the original post here is dead in terms of communication from them.

I believe the Escrows should certainly not fund the founders any more, and should probably initiate a refund unless there is good reason to avoid this.

Are you in touch with the other Escrows? Any refund would need to be coordinated between all Escrow providers.

I hope the other Escrows have held back a significant portion of funds raised and are open to initiating refunds unless there is some evidence of life in the project.

Edit: I hope nobody is actually dead… is there any explanation for complete radio silence?

4 Likes

Yes they still do not talk to me about getting my tokens. I still do not have them and no response from them for over 4 months. (since before safe dev con). I’ve given up trying.

5 Likes

I am seeing some weird stuff on their website. Anyone else checked it?

1 Like

What do you see? Same old stuff on gbits.io from where I am.

I’m not sure what you mean by “weird”, but the site seems to be up again. The “company” is still completely anonymous, but the site says they have been endorsed by @whiteoutmashups. I wish at least he could tell us here a bit about what’s going on.

I tried asking here but got no reply. Are you sure you want to be endorsing these people?

Another 2 months and nothing still. Wish @Gamerbits would sort this out. Doesn’t go down well with anyone when they don’t even try to honour their coin sale.

2 Likes

I am seeing this

I’m seeing this:

Go to top of this thread and click on company website link. See if its showing something different.

Firefox says this (from clicking on the link in the OP):

gbits.io uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for the following names: brich.io, www.brich.io The certificate expired on 29 September 2018, 13:40. The current time is 12 November 2018, 11:10.

brich.io purports to be a Singapore based decentralised education company.

1 Like

The http and the https versions look different.

vs.

And It’s Gone…

1 Like

Oh well we live and learn I suppose :weary:

1 Like

Escrows should certainly discuss returning funds to investors unless there is good reason to expect the project is alive.

Do you have any reason to think the escrow’s shouldn’t refund people @whiteoutmashups?

I know things are slow with projects that depend on Safe, but Gamerbits have a project that didn’t depend fully on Safe but still isn’t progressing, at least in any way that is being communicated.

3 Likes

I’ve tried asking @whiteoutmashups about this several times without getting any replies. I highly doubt anybody will be getting their money back. But maybe an apology? How about it @whiteoutmashups?

1 Like

If most people seem to agree then I’ll do refunds on my escrow. I still hold their MaidSafeCoin escrow, since it was the one related to this community.

Anyone can send me a PM in here and confirm their transaction.

I still feel like its premature since all MaidSafe community apps are waiting for SAFE to be able to deliver their market version, project decorum, n99, SAFEpress, SAFE-FS, JAMS, etc etc etc. And all tokens were issued and liquid.

But I hold the MAID escrow and anyone can confirm their original initial address tx over the Ethereum network in a PM and send their GBTS (erc20) to refund.

1 Like

When? Where? I don’t have my old telegram account from 3 years ago, the phone number changed since then. Were you trying to message me on telegram? @riddim has been nice enough to try to help me with that issue