FutureScot Interview with David Irvine

52 Likes

Put the data back in the hands of the people! Amen brother! Amen!

13 Likes

This is is absolutely fantastic. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

3:32 about cancer: my favorite part!

5 Likes

did i hear right that maid is collaborating with space x?

Because David is taking us to the Moon, haven’t you heard? ba dum tss :drum:

Or maybe much like Tim’s charisma, Elon’s Musk was too charming to pass up a partnership on as well.

Edit - On a more serious note, good video always nice hearing the ideals MaidSafe is founded on.

4 Likes

No, I think you misheard that part. Scotland is getting into space exploration now, there are launches here. I was talking about Scotland there not MaidSafe. The interview is for a talk I will do in May 30 (I think) and is about MaidSafe the company, but I will ofc get the chance on stage to talk about SAFE the network more as opposed to maidsafe the company.

14 Likes

This was really good, the format is perfect!
Setting was great (calm and tidy, but still something happening with Nick passing by in the background :slight_smile: ), interesting read on the glass :slight_smile: , and the short questions instead of holding a presentation is much easier to work with I would say, which reflects in the output. Great stuff!

I immediately wanted more (forgive me my greed :slight_smile: ). What do you think about open up a topic for submitting proposals for questions, and then you pick the best ones once a week (if time allows), and this can be a recurring feat?
(Maybe define some sanity check rules in OT which allows easy maintenance, even by mods perhaps).
Once a month maybe take a few larger questions instead, to keep the formats consistent. And of course Viv and Nick and others as well could take some?

I think it’s worth a lot to people all around to get insight into the project.
Super well done!

12 Likes

It’s a superb interview David. :clap:

Just one question, does @nicklambert have an MBA? :rofl:

13 Likes

Thankfully an MSc @happybeing - we are trained never to ask the killer app question (that’s the whole first year)!

11 Likes

Great video! @dirvine, you always come across as sincere and this format emphasises this. It felt like a good, honest and engaging exchange.

9 Likes

I agree it’s better to have many smaller investors that all tug in different directions then one or two whales who’s agenda the project becomes subservient to. I think its not only the fuzzy-feel good ethical thing… but actually the only way for the core principles of this project to move forward. I want to use a network knowing the wisdom of the crowd owns it, not a few tyrants that have gained the majority of the control.

11 Likes

“It seems Hollywood is more aware of us than anybody in Scotland”
“No man is a prophet in his own land”

13 Likes

Nice interview – Sharing it!

4 Likes