Full maidsafecoin transaction data

The full list of every onchain maidsafecoin transaction is available in json form:

https://mega.nz/file/MdMDyaLL#KBgYLQI4TBBObHVvQ1w8JVCIGsUuIt7zilwPWgJCHyo

Some simple analysis:

• 174,021 transactions in total.

• First transaction is 22 Apr 2014

• 17,101 addresses have some current amount of maidsafecoin (ie not zero)

• 32,883 addresses have no maidsafecoin (ie received some then sent all of it)

I’ve been using the omniexplorer api to scrape this data. Since the rate limit is about 4 requests per minute it took many weeks to get the initial data. But now it will be pretty fast to update it, so I’ll aim to update the data at the start of each month and post a link to the new dataset here.

Some deeper analysis I’d like to try later on:

• check for inconsistencies or errors to improve the scraping and parsing
  • compare this dataset with current balances
  • compare this dataset with the crowdsale data
  • look at how many of the ico coins have not been traded
  • look at broader exchange wallet patterns

Would be cool to see any analysis that comes out of this dataset.

21 Likes

Very tempting. My inner analyst suggested scraping forum posts this morning, to do time series analysis on who posts when, who responds, who seem to come and go in groups, time zones etc. So the itch is there already! I don’t have a framework for time-series though.

4 Likes

Great work!

Hardly an analysis, but how is it possible that this address has almost 5M MAID without any incoming transactions showing in Omniexplorer?

12SdZk7Gd19zbvQZDF447PpHSpGY5SGYE2

EDIT: Please someone, help me out with this. This seems weird to me, but I guess there is some simple reason. If you know that, please let me know.

3 Likes

I suppose thats because the crowsale

Crowdsale Purchase 7604c0c5a7fd20308b535ae8f459f9fc5c03d634c33ff65baf3801ada32b8bee

1,000.00 Omni Token (#1) Sent

4,849,734 MaidSafeCoin (#3) Purchased

0 MaidSafeCoin (#3) additional generated for Issuer|
|Property| Omni Token (#1) |
|Sender|12SdZk7Gd19zbvQZDF447PpHSpGY5SGYE2|
|Recipient|1ARjWDkZ7kT9fwjPrjcQyvbXDkEySzKHwu|
|Date/Time|4/22/2014 5:39:38 AM|

3 Likes

OK, I don’t fully understand it, but this already gives a peace of mind.

But why Omniexplorer does not display the transaction data? A bug maybe?

Its probably the way omni does it. I seem to remember they have a special way to do the distribution of the coin that is not a typical send on BTC transaction.

1 Like