Fraser's Safecoin Alternative Design (Postponed State)

A big incentive I see to controlling 1 section is if it would be possible to ‘create/activate’ new Safecoins and transferring the value of these Safecoins to another section. And then repeat this operation so that you can steal much more Safecoins than the section controls.
If you can only steal the Safecoins already present in 1 section once, that is of course also not desirable, but has less impact/incentive. For instance I expect that an increase in value of Safecoin also means more vaults/sections and therefore less Safecoins controlled by 1 section.
I hope this scenario (of reactivating Safecoins in a hacked section) can be prevented. Like if the sections neighbours would be able to check the inflow/outflow of Safecoins to/from that section. If the ‘total farmed’(=total in use Safecoins in a section) decreases by outflow and than increases very quickly by a lot (because they are ‘activated’ again by the cheating section), without corresponding Safecoin inflow and too much to be explained by normal farming.
Of course if somebody controls a section and its 2(?) neighbours, this maybe circumvented. But maybe there is a check of the neighbour’s neighbours etc. possible to prevent this to a certain point?
And it would also be useful when exchanging Safecoins to something else that your’re able to check if not most Safecoins come from the same section…
This explanation above is probably (partly) nonsense because of my lack of understanding, but I hope the general concern of it is somewhat clear.

4 Likes