Forum after Launch

I was curious what the fate of this forum is after launch. Will it continue on the legacy net or reside on safenetwork? Would the contents be ported over? Will Maidsafe continue to update the community through the forum or another site? I don’t want to take anyone from their work so answer at leisure please.

1 Like

Obviously not any kind of insider here, but… Why not both? It should be pretty trivial to write a script to mirror the site from either the currenternet to the SAFE network or vice versa. Just append a big ol’ “This site is a read-only copy of the actual site located on (insert network here), please follow the instructions here to access the live version” at the top of the page.

1 Like

I think that’s a decision for the community to keep under review over time. I think there will be a need for it here for some time to come. Mirroring on both has drawbacks - breaking privacy for example - so it may be best to start anew on SAFE Network and keep both in place for different audiences so long as this one is still needed.

1 Like

Could mirror once to bring over old threads. That might be a step toward preserving privacy.

I thought you could host it at SAFE and old web at the same time and just share the database…

I think it’d be beneficial to do both just because there will be people on the legacy net that will want to learn and be informed before installing the client and we all should practice what we preach by having a SAFE version. But I do see how that could be a concern. I suppose the next best thing would direct people to download the Firefox extension for the safe network to access the forum? Doesn’t seem too unreasonable

1 Like