Folding at home (against Covid-19) -- Friendly competition :) Team Safe Network vs team Maidsafe

Yep team #255524 is the original team SAFE Network, even if the company team is doing better on the back of @VaCrunch with 3 PCs.

At least the originator of team SAFE network is leading the way with one GPU and some other SAFE Network faithfuls.

This topic even got team Maidsafe extra members showing the topic is trying to be fair :stuck_out_tongue: :sweat_smile:

Oh well all to a good cause

2 Likes

It seems Team Maidsafe is turning to folding other diseases to keep their small lead. Are they losing their way :thinking:

1 Like

Never fear. TM still has weapons in the arsenal. Just waiting for the right time to deploy. :bow_and_arrow:

Yea, but gaining your points folding other diseases means some of your team have lost their way and not folding against covid-19 as intended. Not a fair competition though is it?

A good army should always be ready to adapt. The lead general, though, is going after covid.

How do you know you are only working on covid?
That is not even a selection for me.
I’ve left mine on “any disease” as after new gpu driver installed and I rebooted cpu found work immediately.

I’ve left mine on ‘any disease’ but after the first couple WU’s it has always selected a covid job.

It defaults to covid-19, but when your fellow team mate chose a disease then it chooses that disease instead.

The project number can be used to see what the WU is about. Normally a small description shows up, but I have found that it doesn’t always.

Use this page to find out more info on the project currently being worked on.
https://apps.foldingathome.org/psummary

Same here, it did some others over the last week though. Not a problem imo. I guess they would send me more Corona-jobs if they had them. Now on Corona btw:

I'm contributing to Project 14365

Also back on corona now. It stopped working for me for a short while.

That must be some gaming rig your son has. Is it a Cray?

1 Like

The answer is in the 2nd post. :grinning:

I’ve gotta get me one of those.

They are a beast of a card. Folding at home estimates the card as doing 150 to 200K per day, if only they would supply WUs to it

Congrats to the members of Team SAFE Network #255524 because with your excellent efforts we have caught up with team Maidsafe and shows that the Network is greater than its creators :wink:

4 Likes

Yep we are now above :slight_smile:

Sylvain aka [CouilleDeChamo] on Team #255524

2 Likes

Is anyone else getting no WS assignments to their GPU? Nothing has been downloaded for mine in 36 hours.

1 Like

Do a restart, sometimes the app gets confused. Last night it changed the config to say my GPU is GPU#6 rather then the -1 default. -1 says to choose the card number for itself.

I had to change the slot config back to -1, it then crashed then had to do a PC restart and restart folding. Then it worked

I have been getting regular WU for my GPU, a little wait then another comes in

1 Like

Isn’t there a way for you guys to earn gridcoin for this effort?

1 Like

Except it is not up to us, but the project folding@home