Fleming Testnet v3 Release - * NOW OFFLINE - v4 RELEASED*

You should not get promoted if you are not reachable. So you could have igd/full cone NAT or direct and you may be promoted. All other cases are flagged as non reachable and those nodes with the flag set are not considered for promotion. As network is (tricky) and some edge case gets you Elder status the network will freak out and kill you :wink:

3 Likes

That’s a strange one @tjf , seems you were having trouble connecting to S3 to download some files. Are you able to reproduce that? Maybe it was just a temporary blip? (not caught up on whole thread below so apologies if this was already asked)

Seems unlikely, particularly if you were able to download the CLI, i.e. run the curl -so- https://sn-api.s3.amazonaws.com/install.sh | bash cmd, without any issues, but if you can’t download authd via S3 then we can download authd manually and get it going - I’ll post instructions if this is the case. Let me know what OS you are on.

1 Like

:+1:
is there a way to check node age and status (adult/elder) BTW?

1 Like

We are looking to print more information in next testnet, so regular updates on chunks stored/age etc.

6 Likes

Let this download run for about an hour, but did not succeed yet. Was anyone able to download big files already?

Section 0 has split a little more than one hour ago and my node witnessed the split:

$ grep Prefix v.log
Node PID: 872, prefix: Prefix(0), name: 012683.., connection info:
[sn_node] INFO 2021-04-15T13:56:37.895437814+02:00 [src/bin/sn_node.rs:142] Node PID: 872, prefix: Prefix(0), name: 012683.., connection info: "95.216.221.151:5483"
[sn_node] INFO 2021-04-15T14:09:43.497884955+02:00 [src/event_mapping/mod.rs:44] Handling RoutingEvent: EldersChanged { prefix: Prefix(00), key: PublicKey(19a7..9297), sibling_key: None, elders: {067813.., 093a49.., 1809bc.., 1afa0a.., 29b182.., 2f9253.., 303156..}, self_status_change: None }
7 Likes

Strange enough to download 70 MB file ~3GB of incoming traffic is needed.
Maybe your internet connection is slow or network starts to react slowly.
That is why it is a test, because such size is hard to process for network now.
Upload did take ~750 MB of outgoing traffic however:

3 Likes

is that a compile issue on OS X… looks a lot like the /home/runner/ from previous test??

(noting all is well here uploading… )

If you see “Writing chunk” regularly arriving in your logs, you are an Adult.

When you see Promoted you become an Elder. I am not at this stage yet.

4 Likes

Did anyone earn some test safe network tokens already? Just checked my reward key balance after ± an hour of running a node and it is still 0.

When the general public start seeking out data privacy, a safe and secure network for everyone…

This is dirvine, MaidSafe, Ayr, Scotland.

They are going to have to re-write the script - they almost got it right.

3 Likes

Still zero here

Do you run auth or safe auth?

safe auth

May be OS specific problem. What operating system do you use?

I am using win 10 pro

I saw messages about such problem before.
Try different console - powershell or cmd.exe.

1 Like

Building something good for humanity while referencing Terminator’s…Irony…joke aside, I regret not studying programming previously. Can’t tell the future generation I contributed to the internet they’re using. Really feel missing out now. :cry:

4 Likes

Already did that

Holy crap, I followed the instructions and I downloaded the the ‘safe the planet.png’ file!

I took the dive and installed Ubuntu, first time ever (20.04 dual boot next to my Windows partition). It works! :boom: Feel like a mad scientist myself now muahahaha

You guys are amazing. Keep it up!

Now to figure out how to get free testSafecoins and write some data.

16 Likes