Fleming Testnet v2 Release - * OFFLINE - V3 RELEASED *

Ah, it could be just the machine it was compiled on actually.

1 Like

Possibly runner is the name of the user in Github Action that compiled sn_node.

4 Likes

If so then the build for this testnet has missed the updates on connectivity or we are not setting the connectable flag correctly. We may need to restart this one tomorrow when we confirm the error here (our error I mean).

6 Likes

I’ve noticed the NoSuchData error takes a while to fail. Any chance this could be given a shorter timeout? I imagine when the network proper is live, people aren’t going to want to wait more than a few seconds to find they’ve got the wrong address.

3 Likes

Things seem pretty frantic on the surface with 3 testnet releases in close succession. Is the team any more relaxed than before Fleming Testnet v1?

I have chunks!!!

That was way faster than last time.
Not a single error in the log file.

7 Likes

I getting dizzy, and I love it. More speed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: cheers!

8 Likes

Oh yes, we are not doing internal testnets here, but quickly iterating in public. I would say very relaxed, but the few weeks before launch there was insanely draining. Every day was “is it today” for us. Now it’s much more relaxed, but much faster work rate, weirdly.

Folks, I would say, don’t test this one any further. We made the new node join process simpler to get more community nodes in faster. However we did that as the connectivity fix was in place, but there is an error. I suspect routing is not filtering Elders properly here and we have some elder nodes that cannot be contacted (so broken). This should not happen and we need to check this release. So please don’t waste your time on this one. Very sorry for this, but we are not slowing down, we may have a couple of these, believe me, it’s faster to launch to do this instead of us trying in house for ages. Community testing is so so important and much faster than just us.

So thank you again, but we do this again, probably tomorrow (although a few guys off on public holiday (aghhhh!! typical)

In other news though, we have a fix for the missing pkKeyShare error folks were seeing. @oetyng got that this evening. So we will also have that in the upcoming testnet.

Fast! I thought that was fast, did you? :slight_smile:

41 Likes

Update from MaidSafe HQ

It seems there are several intermittent issues being experienced with the testnet at the moment, consistent with either changes we made in the code today not being fully deployed, or not working as they should. With all of the team offline at the moment we have decided to take testnet v2 offline so we can investigate further in the morning.

We hope to get testnet v3 up and running ASAP.

Thanks for helping us to find these issues everyone :thankyou:

34 Likes

No need for apologies! We are grateful for the work. It’s blowing our minds.

25 Likes

Thanks man, I am only apologising because this is certainly a stupid error, but I suppose all bugs are (or most of them). This one though is a simple fix and should not have slipped through. We rushed and I pushed like hell (probably causing this), but it’s the cost and one we must pay.

All good though, all good.

31 Likes

This is all very encouraging. Keep it up, keep it relaxed at HQ, this is a marathon and you’re doing great.

13 Likes

They did say once they launch the test net they would have rapid iteration… but this is crazy!!!

Brilliant. Really great to see. Really great to see my RPi was able to play for a little while tonight too…

15 Likes

Everyone makes mistakes. Ok, maybe it’s just me :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Keep them coming, with every test I learn more.

9 Likes

So you’re the other one :wink:

6 Likes

If my calculations are correct, when this sees iteration v.88 we’re going to see some serious shit. Seriously though, the change in (apparent) pace is astonishing.

14 Likes

All the faster to clear the bugs out, I say. Fast iteration is fine by me. :blush:

17 Likes

Bug hunting is fun :bug: :hammer: :smiley:
You put them out there, we’ll find them.

Good to know team is getting holidays… well deserved.
Work; rest; repeat, until done.
:+1:

19 Likes

Only some of them, those that escaped over the wire and past the gun towers, I thought the sharks would have had them, but no, they escaped for a day :smiley: :smiley:

22 Likes