Fleming Testnet v2 Release - * OFFLINE - V3 RELEASED *

It seems that my node tried to join 20 times, but stopped there. I thought the join command would keep on trying until success. Started it again now.

nugget retrieved @Sascha

4 Likes

I keep getting this error, am I doing something wrong?

Error: AuthdClientError: [Error] ClientError - Response not received: read error: connection closed: timed out

A few chunks… :grinning:
imagen

6 Likes

It should have continued to try to connect - what did the logs say? Was there an error that confirmed it wasn’t trying any longer? If it’s just that there was no update in the log then maybe it was connecting but was taking its time about it. Hmm let us know what exactly happened there

This sounds like you still have an old sn_authd process running.
See Fleming Testnet v2 Release - * OFFLINE - V3 RELEASED * - #43 by StephenC

The logs were overwritten now that I tried again, and it seems I was accepted on the first try:

Summary

Running sn_node v0.36.2

[sn_node] INFO 2021-04-13T21:26:34.572084738+03:00 [src/bin/sn_node.rs:140] Node PID: 20972, prefix: Prefix(1), name: e1e943…, connection info: “82.181.217.110:42745”

The logs before just ended. No errors. There was maybe 30 min between the last try of the first go, and me manually starting again.

2 Likes

Hey everyone.

I just now found the reason for the numerous occasions of MissingSecretKeyShare in the logs.

It is triggered when an Adult is commanded to replicate a chunk held by other Adults. It was using an internal cmd which assumed an aggregation scheme that requires a secret key share (which Adults do not have, only Elders).

Due to the above, the Adults have been unable to replicate the chunks, and this is most likely the reason why we have previously seen lost data.

This means we’ll have another testnet, possibly tomorrow. Thursday at latest though. This is what fast iterations buys us. We’re already on this one.

Anyway, keep at it, there can always be more things found in this testnet.

34 Likes

Uploading files working like a dream. Tonight is a good night.

safe files get “safe://hyryyry6eb75j19xmfbaaff393qn1komwu84ku5e77sqhupdrdidyzybddrnra”

5 Likes

:partying_face::partying_face: awesome.

9 Likes

Still not working, I ran two times through all the steps from the beginning but still the same.

Gave me an error:

safe files get “safe://hyryyry6eb75j19xmfbaaff393qn1komwu84ku5e77sqhupdrdidyzybddrnra”
Error: InvalidInput: Label is 80 chars, must be no more than 63: %E2%80%9Chyryyry6eb75j19xmfbaaff393qn1komwu84ku5e77sqhupdrdidyzybddrnra%E2%80%9D

1 Like

On both my servers, I am seeing this error when trying to create a safe:

Summary

me@sto:~$ safe auth create --test-coins
Passphrase:
Password:
Sending request to authd to create a Safe…
Error: AuthdClientError: [Error] ClientError - Response not received: read error: connection closed: timed out

Both of these worked on v1 without issue.

Strange me too this time.

Error: InvalidInput: Label is 80 chars, must be no more than 63: %E2%80%9Chyryyry6eb75j19xmfbaaff393qn1komwu84ku5e77sqhupdrdidyzybddrnra%E2%80%9D

First time I got this

$ safe files get “safe://hyryyry6eb75j19xmfbaaff393qn1komwu84ku5e77sqhupdrdidyzybddrnra”
[00:00:04] [########################################] 10.24KB/10.24KB (2.06KB/s, 0s) Transfer
Done. Retrieved 1 files to .

2 Likes

Ha, brilliant. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Wrong quotes maybe?
vs vs "

upd. No quotes needed more likely.

2 Likes

Nive one @Vort . Thats why your on the big bucks :grinning:

Must of changed when I copied it over

SOLVED

2 Likes

So if node goes offline, the chunks were the only copies and those files are likely useless after that?

My node has gotten a few chunks. I was thinking to start acting bad and delete those. Is this OK for the test? Just to see what happens.

2 Likes

safe files get safe://hyryyry6eb75j19xmfbaaff393qn1komwu84ku5e77sqhupdrdidyzybddrnra

Yep tried without quotes and that worked too. Cheers

3 Likes

We don’t yet kill nodes that delete data, but we will soon :wink:

2 Likes