Fleming Testnet v1 Release - *NOW OFFLINE IN PREPARATION FOR TESTNET V2*

Is this correct, just sitting there with no progress indication?

safe files put dist --recursive

Must be ten minutes now. (Contains the 14 directories 35 files of dweb.happybeing.com)

Response:

Meanwhile I was able to download the image with David’s quote, but I can’t put files. Everything else seems good so far though my node is still not joined.

UPDATE:
cc @StephenC
I don’t know how long it took but it eventually completed:

safe files put --recursive ./dist/
FilesContainer created at: "safe://hyryyryaxr5phdm5s58j6c54z9g7ddq4qxued6wn1zwnntdbemqkfj689hanra"

Then created an NRS name to reference this website container:

safe nrs create dweb --link "safe://hyryyryaxr5phdm5s58j6c54z9g7ddq4qxued6wn1zwnntdbemqkfj689hanra?v=0"

The NRS create took about a minute to error when I omitted the ‘?v=0’, and about ??? minutes to complete successfully.

:tada:

8 Likes

The forum won’t let me give out any more likes or “love” but too bad! I love all ya’ll :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and you have made such a great achievement @maidsafe! :tada::confetti_ball::champagne::partying_face::beers:

Every dev past, present and future, thank you for your amazing effort to get us here and to push forward from here.

30 Likes

Congratulations and thank you MaidSafe team! With the brand new testnet, this promises to become an exciting year!

31 Likes

:face_with_monocle: not sure what the dist is…

This worked for me as

safe files put --recursive ./localfoldername/
8 Likes

Holy hell. Doth mine eyes deceive me? History right here folks. Now to put the kids to bed early so papa can play.

8 Likes

Ditto and I want to like them all here.

Now we can both move @Seneca at last. A few wee tweaks on API and use of a single CRDT data type, but at last you can be unblocked. So sorry for the hassle you have had and the wait you were forced to endure.

28 Likes

I can’t see mention of the browser above… do we have one for this testnet?

5 Likes

Damn! I promised to myself that I’d have been the 1st to reply🤣 Congrats team, this is super exciting!

There are so many things to test. Can’t wait to do it asap
Congrats to the team again, this is so exciting! This is a great day for all of us!

10 Likes

Nice to see the test network going live. Congratulations, MaidSafe team. You guys rock!

13 Likes

Well done MaidSafe team :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: !!!

20 Likes

Yes I’m seeing that as well - this seems like the return of that intermittent issue we were seeing yesterday as it’s fine for some and then takes forever for others. Something we will investigate & fix (I’ll add to the OP known issues).

No browser to accompany this yet, but hopefully something in the pipeline for that :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Yeah think I’m out aswell.

Got home from work and my little one is trying to get on the testnet before me :joy:

17 Likes

Sweeeeeeet :exploding_head: :test_tube: :baby:
Thx Maidsafe devs

Happy testing super :ant:s :vulcan_salute: :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Hat off to the team.

2 Likes

We have seen entries in the logs indicating that some people have been allowed to join the network

[sn_node] INFO 2021-04-08T16:38:24.998604003+00:00 [src/node/handle.rs:36] Handling NodeDuty: SetNodeJoinsAllowed

Who’s in and adding all the extra space that we need to fill up?!

8 Likes

How do I know a node is active?.. I can’t see an option as safe node status

Does TryJoinLater suggest the node is stopped, until manual retry or will it naturally try to join later?

6 Likes

Really fun trying out the CLI as a non tech person. I was rejected to join as a node, but was able to upload my first file to the network!

safe://hygoygype4mpije8h61ubr34aq3yra7shr118zjdouqj8satxzqr5r3nkza

For me it’s just not entirely clear where to find the downloaded files. I succeeded in downloading the safe-the-planet file, but can’t seem to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Great work devs

4 Likes

You can choose where to download it, if you’ve tried the command as in the post then it should be in your home folder

2 Likes

The > part of the command instructs where to put the file. So, the location is ~/ (your home dir, wherever that might be). You could change that to any other path.

4 Likes

Finally, a long wait is over. Thank you the team for keeping up the promise. Still some way to go but hoping that the journey would be relatively easier from now on. Congrats everyone…

2 Likes