Fleming Testnet v1 Release - *NOW OFFLINE IN PREPARATION FOR TESTNET V2*

It seems so, if you are not able to self-auth CLI the file won’t be generated, see my example output above, it explicitly tells when it generates it and where it’s stored. I guess you are entering the wrong passphrase and/or password, and therefore no being able to unlock your Safe where to grab you CLI’s key/credentials from for self-authorising it. If this is the case and you don’t remember them, for now it’s ok, just go ahead and create a new Safe, but this will mean in the future you’ve lost all data and coins owned by the keys stored in that Safe you don’t remember the passphrase/password for.

Clever enough to get me in :grin:

I wonder if others using it may be in without realizing. It is not immediately obvious.

1 Like

That’s very likely a very old config file format of old CLI, please try with removing ~/.safe/cli/config.json, setup the network again with $ safe networks add maidsafe-testnet https://sn-node.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/config/node_connection_info.config, and finally try $ safe switch maidsafe-testnet command again.

Note the URL of the networks add command is not the same as the one you had.

1 Like

Here’s a bash one liner to try to join every 30s.

until grep -q "Handling NodeDuty" ~/.safe/node/local-node/sn_node.log;do safe node join;sleep 30;done >/dev/null

7 Likes

So, there’s a problem here with a confusion an %encoding.

What I want to do is suggested by this and deliberate in reverse:

#create the content
safe nrs create матрошка.матрошка.матрошка.матрошка --link safe://hyryyry663zyg7b1kc6bdce9t3tyby184keguirinrafdonkfawkfeqmicrnra?v=0

#pointers then in reverse
safe nrs add матрошка.матрошка.матрошка --link safe://матрошка.матрошка.матрошка.матрошка?v=0
safe nrs add матрошка.матрошка --link safe://матрошка.матрошка.матрошка?v=0
safe nrs add матрошка --link safe://матрошка.матрошка?v=0

but what I get to is

$ safe nrs create матрошка.матрошка.матрошка.матрошка --link safe://hyryyry663zyg7b1kc6bdce9t3tyby184keguirinrafdonkfawkfeqmicrnra?v=0
Error: ContentError: NRS name already exists. Please use 'nrs add' command to add sub names to it
$ safe dog safe://матрошка.матрошка.матрошка.матрошка
Error: ContentError: Sub name not found in NRS Map Container
$ safe dog safe://матрошка.матрошка.матрошка
$ safe dog safe://матрошка.матрошка
$ safe dog safe://матрошка

== URL resolution step 1 ==
Resolved from: safe://%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%88%D0%BA%D0%B0
= NRS Map Container =
PublicName: "%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%88%D0%BA%D0%B0"
XOR-URL: safe://hyryygy4oaaqtnsth1c5qj4pcxy5iwnbb7jjaz3gj3mm15mhurb3i3s5e6cn7a
Version: 0
Type tag: 1500
XOR name: 0x50c61d115a3c9336e4e9ac78375a0821ea538be4c9cad72daf9320735cdb68f3
Native data type: PublicSequence
Native data XOR-URL: safe://hyryyyy4oaaqtnsth1c5qj4pcxy5iwnbb7jjaz3gj3mm15mhurb3i3s5e6cn7a
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| NRS name/subname                                                            | Created              | Modified             | Link                                                                      |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| %D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%88%D0%BA%D0%B0                            |                      |                      | Alias to subname 'матрошка.матрошка.матрошка'                             |
| матрошка.матрошка.матрошка.%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%88%D0%BA%D0%B0 | 2021-04-08T19:22:08Z | 2021-04-08T19:22:08Z | safe://hyryyry663zyg7b1kc6bdce9t3tyby184keguirinrafdonkfawkfeqmicrnra?v=0 |

== URL resolution step 2 ==
Resolved from: safe://hyryyry663zyg7b1kc6bdce9t3tyby184keguirinrafdonkfawkfeqmicrnra?v=0
= FilesContainer =
XOR-URL: safe://hyryyry663zyg7b1kc6bdce9t3tyby184keguirinrafdonkfawkfeqmicrnra?v=0
Version: 0
Type tag: 1100
XOR name: 0xdecdc06e864a67823623f1cc401048fa520d3a92a2260a380945c51454397561
Native data type: PublicSequence
Native data XOR-URL: safe://hyryyyy663zyg7b1kc6bdce9t3tyby184keguirinrafdonkfawkfeqmicrnra?v=0

Also, I wonder there is too much hanging on bad responses attempting nrs add where it should just error.

So, this and others hang and I’ve been trying multiple times…

safe nrs add матрошка.матрошка.матрошка --link safe://матрошка.матрошка.матрошка.матрошка?v=0

on the up side, I wonder that all the usual suspects seem to have uploaded ok.

safe://asteroids
safe://burns.bard
safe://cairo
safe://circle
safe://digger
safe://emptybag
safe://eye.eye
safe://eye.test
safe://fault
safe://freedom
safe://god
safe://hello
safe://joker
safe://know.your.enemy
safe://medusa
safe://play.chess
safe://pluto
safe://quote
safe://savant.chess
safe://security
safe://space.balls
safe://sweaty.palms
safe://the.odyssey
safe://the.teapot
safe://trust
safe://udhr
safe://uni
safe://v
safe://V
safe://voyeur.chess
safe://wallpaper
safe://website
safe://خليل.جبران
safe://Журавли
safe://无题

Haven’t had a chance to validate those but perhaps it’ll help check persistence to check in a while they are still there.

That looks like a bug

It’s the key stored at ~/.safe/cli/credentials, unfortunately we don’t yet have a command to show the PK but it seems it’s something we need so we can then do what you are trying to. The only thing that can be done at the moment with it is check its balance, just run $ safe keys balance

2 Likes

$ safe auth create --test-coins

Cursor hangs when I try to run this. Authenticator status all appears ok. Anyone had delays with this?

Same problem for me just hangs

:raised_hand: Didn’t realize I got in. Got me some chunks now.

chunks

10 Likes

where are chunks stored? Ill take a look at mine.
Ive got @happybeing script running at the moment

~/.safe/node/local-node/chunks/immutable for me on mac

edit. added “immutable” to path

1 Like

still waiting to connect.
Time for bed soon.
Who know what SafeSanta will deposit in my directory over night. :slight_smile:

josh@pc1:~$ safe keys balance
Checking balance of CLI’s assigned keypair…
SafeKey’s current balance: 776.999679908

what is that, my rewards?

Most likely no and that tokens are created with your “account”.

1 Like

Are you at least prompted for passphrase and password? if so, perhaps it’s just authd taking too long to connect to the network, assuming you get a good status report from authd with the correct version 0.5.0:

$ safe auth status
Sending request to authd to obtain a status report...
+------------------------------------------+-------+
| Safe Authenticator status                |       |
| Authenticator daemon version             | 0.5.0 |
| Is there a Safe currently unlocked?      | No    |
| Number of pending authorisation requests | 0     |
| Number of notifications subscribers      | 0     |

…or perhaps you have the wrong network setup? …make sure you added and switched to the correct network using the $ safe networks commands:

• first $ safe networks add maidsafe-testnet https://sn-node.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/config/node_connection_info.config
  • then $ safe switch maidsafe-testnet
  • lastly restart your authd with $ safe auth restart

then try again creating a Safe.

You can also check you switched to the correct network with $ safe networks command, you should see * mark at the one with the S3 UTL, e.g.:

$ safe networks
+----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Networks |                  |                                                                               |
+----------+------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Current  | Network name     | Connection info                                                               |
|          | local            | {127.0.0.1:12000}                                                             |
| *        | maidsafe-testnet | https://sn-node.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/config/node_connection_info.config |
2 Likes

That’s the balance of the keypair assigned to your CLI when you self-authorised it: Fleming Testnet v1 Release - *NOW OFFLINE IN PREPARATION FOR TESTNET V2* - #274 by bochaco

2 Likes

No prompt for passphrase. safe auth restart is also hanging. it runs but the cursor just flashes on line below.

I’d try with re-installing authd and then starting it:

• $ safe auth install
  • $ safe auth start
1 Like

No prompt for passphrase or password for me.

It could also be an issue we have on Windows due to the lib we use for prompts: https://github.com/maidsafe/sn_api/issues/502

2 Likes