Fleming Testnet file sharing

$ safe keys create --test-coins --preload 15.342

https://github.com/maidsafe/sn_api/tree/master/sn_cli#safekeys-creation

2 Likes

Still have not figured out the location or url of the default SafeKey that cli uses for transactions such as put. You would need to transfer the self generated SafeKey coins to that one.

1 Like

@Traktion thanks to hint from @bochaco safe://hygoygykdytfkxqmdazdgsrubwi5cozmuysaajupww9yoa7kh6zg4uejrbe is restored now.
Can you check?

That’s interesting. cat fails but dog works with all files I tested, even the old ones.

2 Likes

I wonder if the MaidSafe team is aware of these NetDataError: Failed to GET Public Blob: SelfEncryption(Storage) errors.

I didn’t see anyone mentioning this issue on the main Testnet thread. I mean, from the team. But I may have missed if they commented about it.

2 Likes

I hope they will read all messages eventually.
It make not much sense to run test and not collect feedback.

1 Like

Not near computer atm, but will try later. Did you re-upload or did it reappear?

1 Like

Reuploaded. But too much time passed since then.
Not a clean experiment. But you may try to get it anyway.

upd. I have tried to reupload lazydog too. safe command returned success, but retrieving failed with Content not found as before.

Sorry if I’m being dumb here - is this the right command?
$ safe cat safe://hy8aygymn871njm8qputxmcxy8ztsymm6nfnnzg4m64rcdcjd876jmjkfwa > C:\Users(my.name).safe\cat.png

I did it without the file extension first, which seemed to work, but where would that be saved?!

Try safe cat safe://hy8aygymn871njm8qputxmcxy8ztsymm6nfnnzg4m64rcdcjd876jmjkfwa > cat.png

And it will be in the directory you are currently in.

Thank you! When you say the directory I am in, do you mean the .safe directory that was created?

I have tried this and it’s currently hung - does that mean it’s working?

Apologies but I haven’t use CLI since MSDOS in circa 1991!

When your command finished the dir you are in will have the file in it.

1 Like

Type

pwd

that will tell you what your current dir is.

then type

ls

To list all the files in the directory you are in.

… many cheat sheets out there

I think we will eventually need a cheat sheet for the safe cli.

4 Likes

(my previous answer was wrong)
Linux-style consoles works in not obvious way in Windows.
To use path c:\Users\Vort\.safe\test.txt you need to type /c/Users/Vort/.safe/test.txt.
You can test it with command echo 123 > /c/Users/Vort/.safe/test.txt (replace my name with yours).
If you use path “as is”, shell will create file with garbage name (c?UsersVort.safetest.txt) in your current directory (d:\Git in my case).

1 Like

Thank you!

So how do I get into a different directory?

Ah, seen the cheat sheet now, sorry!

2 Likes

cd

On its own will always return you to your user home directory.

Try

cd
pwd

To find out what that is.

To go up one directory level

cd …
This should be two dots only but forum software does something funky with periods.

If you want to go to a directory say…

/home/username/Downloads

You can from anywhere

cd /home/username/Downloads

If you want to descend further down a directory structure once you are say in Downloads and it has a directory called myCoolMusic

cd ./myCoolMusic

A single . Means current dir.
A double … Means parent dir.

… But a single dot before a file or dir name means hidden file.

… And I’ll stop there before boring the pants of everyone.

1 Like

cd myCoolMusic should work too.

1 Like