did you update your ip - its working for me @whiteoutmashups
Like I have to tell them my IP somewhere?
The invitation url that you used to retrieve your token has an update ip button.
Ah OK I was just taking the token out of the URL and trying that. Thx makes sense
Just to let you guys know, we’ve updated the frontend binaries you’ve been using for the past few days (same location as where the originals were downloaded from). This is just for frontend apps and doesn’t impact accounts held in the network. So you should find your old accounts intact. These changes mainly include fixes based on the feedback from this thread.
Shona is currently working on the UI for the hosting example. I know we say that often and it is hard to not see them as apps when there aren’t many apps around just yet, but the purpose of these examples are to more highlight API features to devs rather than to end users, but that of course doesn’t mean devs cannot get a decent UX , which is why we’re working on addressing those issues as well after the browser app itself is sorted.
SAFE Browser: (v0.2.2)
- Resolved multiple unregistered clients being created
- Auth pop-up typo fix in description
- Allow and Deny option will now get pinned to the bottom of the window when text requires scrolling.
- Minimum width and height set for the landing page
- Removed safe-js dependency
- Login page size reworked to fit to screen to prevent the create account link getting hidden in small screen sizes
Email Example: (v0.2.1)
- Can switch between multiple email accounts
- Minor UI updates with loaders
Hosting Example: (v0.1.1)
- Typo fixes
safe_app_nodejs, beaker-plugin-safe-app and beaker-plugin-safe-authenticator updated to use the latest published safe_app and safe_authenticator native libraries
- History and bookmarks are not saved in the network right now
safe:scheme is not opened by safe browser from the hosting example.
- Public Ids created via examples are not exchangeable between the apps.
- This is the error reported with the Access Denied / Requested Entry not found error. This issue is related to the permissions of the service/mail mutable data. The root folder with the default folders are designed for easier sharing and collaboration between apps. Applications can request access to these while the authenticator manages the app access levels. In case of the public IDs, the public ID is added as a key into the _publicNames container. A corresponding MutableData is created by the app and the permissions for the same is set by the app. This MutableData is then added as the value to the public ID entry. Now when the second app tries to add a service to the MutableData created by the first app, it doesnt have the permissions to do so as this was not created by the authenticator. We’re currently discussing a few approaches to resolve this and also confirm if the paradigm we’ve got is what we need or potentially allow the authenticator to manage the public identities itself.
MaidSafe Dev Update - July 13, 2017 - Test 17
That probably solves something else then I thought, because if I open
SAFE Browser and log in, then the ‘ConnectAuthorized’ fu call in safe://todo.draw succeeds 2 times: the first load and one Reload.
After that the ConnectAuthorized fu call is ‘rejected’, until I restart the SAFE Browser.
And If I’ve authenticated another app first (e.g. email), then this succeeds only 1 time.
Nice update, will test now
Any news on this one:
Looks like websites can’t be updated at the moment due to the fact that the browser crashes when you replace old files in the www-root folder with new ones/keep it empty.
Here are some screenshots from the updated email_app. As you can see there’s support for several IDs. My old address: polpolrene seems to be gone. It doesn’t show up in the menu. But feel free to send me some messages at: polpolrene2 and polpolrene3.
Option to pick your ID…
Though I have not yet checked your code, from the comment I can say that the browser works as expected.
Browser will have two clients (authenticator and an unregistered client) and when you load the page twice I assume that there are 2 more clients which takes the count to a total of 4 clients. No more clients can connect from the IP. When you restart the browser, the clients get destroyed and starts fresh.
The work around will be to free the client object on page unload. I will also check your webpage code to confirm
I just joined the rate limited test (with the latest binaries) and browser and whm both worked perfectly and the auth UX looks excellent - one question on this: what is the point of the Skip link (top right). It appears redundant and could be removed.
I have uploaded a slightly updated safe://rsports page. Can you name the bird (find it first )?
Now to email… happybeing is back
I just tried this from @draw and it’s neat:
- visit safe://todo.draw/
- create some todo items
- close the tab
- new tab / visit safe://todo.draw/
- my todo items are still there!
Nice one @draw!
To be clear: mainly copy paste of vue.js example and it is stored locally and not yet on the safe network.
Ah yes, I remember you mentioning that. Still, a good start.
The changes made to the email app are not backward compatible that’s why it doesn’t load your previous email IDs. I was thinking of making it backward compatible but I considered it a waste of effort at this stage.
Cormorant! Looking forward to my Caribbean Cruise already. It’s all inclusive I take it? Free bar?
Yes of course, I see as a MAID holder you are already planning how to spend your millions. Good show
Thanks for clearing this up and it’s not a problem whatsoever.
Will we see public testing tomorrow?
I would love to play around with it.
I hope that a longer time between internal / restricted community testing and public testing translates to a shorter time between public and the test being designated as Alpha 2 (and the beginning of the next sprint to Alpha 3). It’ll be great if most significant bugs are already squashed by the time the public test arrives, and it sails through.