Farming safecoin when and how with a QNAP NAS

Hi,

I’ve seen some posts on the best equipment for farming, but I don’t understand the process for getting it up on running, so had a few quetsions…

1. Will it work by installing some maidsafe software (vault software?) on the machine and then configuring it accordingly.
  2. Does that software already exist or will it be available in an upcoming release?
  3. What OS’s will it work with? I have a QNAP (which is built on linux I think), would I have to develop something myself to use the QNAP with Maidsafe?

Thanks,

Chris

Yes, you need to run a Vault to farm Safecoin we had several testnets with Vaults. At the moment we don’t have one. Safecoin is not implemented at the moment, so we never were able to test Farming.

Already tested on OSX, WIN and Linux. Should work on ARM as well when we see BETA.

4 Likes

Thanks! When is it expected that there will be another testnet? When is it expected to have Safecoin implemented?

We’re running TEST 9 at the moment. Next to the Alpha release. Test-Safecoin probably between a few weeks and a few months. But who knows. Check the dev-updates.

I believe recently noted by @dirvine a minimum 4 months for test safecoin.

EDIT: I think it was on BNK Q&A for investors?? Pretty sure it was.

1 Like

We would greatly appreciate a link to this if you can find it :slight_smile:

8ef1ee3668310dac497c1e0bc995cb47
SubscribeSUBSCRIBE 12 SEPTEMBER 2016 N. FRIEDRICH
Is there a indication of when safecoin is expected to be implemented, so the Maidsafe start earning their share?

Profile 21437 image
12 SEPTEMBER 2016DAVID IRVINE
No fixed date, but we expect at least 4 months till test safecoin.

Profile 20238 image
12 SEPTEMBER 2016N. LAMBERT
Our next steps are to enable user run Vaults, provide a range of features for third party app developers, before adding the farming rate mechanism and test safecoin.

1 Like

For Test 8 I ran a vault on my Raspberry Pi 3, I believe that’s ARM :slight_smile:

There was a package for it, didn’t need to do anything other than run just like the Linux package.

1 Like

Can’t be a big problem … Once docker runs on whatever device you can run vaults …

Thanks. Unfortunately, my qnap is intel so I can’t install whats on that link