Extended public keys

I don’t see any of that making things difficult.

What do you suggest that works better than this?

1.-Electrum doesn’t show you how many maids you have. You’re blind.
2.-If you make different purchases using different addresses, each address utilizes a different private key.
3.-If you want to sell more maids than you possess in a single private key you must make two o more transactions.
4.-In the future safecoin switch, you will need to make one transaction for each private key.

Electrum is an excellent bitcoin wallet, but very inconvenient as a maids wallet so I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. Even a simple paper wallet is a thousand times better.

1 Like

You have to keep track of balances, but this is not difficult. Checking balances is easy, by pasting the address into Omni, and you can record them in Electrum by editing the label next to each address. Managing balances for your use case needs a little thought to minimise numbers of transfers, but not hard and errors are not costly.

It could be improved, but you haven’t suggested a better alternative.

If we are looking for simplicity, of course Onmiwallet.
If we just want to store maids, without trading, a bitcoin paper wallet might be enough.
And if we want maximum security, omnicore or armory but need to download the whole blockchain.

Electrum could be a solution but not for everybody and not without problems.

1 Like

Electrum is much easier than paper wallets and full nodes are impractical for most people (a lot more hassle). So I think Ommiwallet, or Omniwallet plus Electrum is the best we’ve found in this short thread.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.