ERC-20 Transition

Hi all, I thought it was time to re-address this topic.
Paging @nicklambert in particular.

Poloniex has just delisted a slew of tokens from their platform for US citizens, including Omni. MAID luckily escaped the cull.

In the past people have advocated migrating the MAID Omni token to some other platform such as Ethereum to make access to more modern token infrastructure and exchanges (or “DEXs” to be precise). In the past I agreed with MaidSafe that this wasn’t necessary and would be a distraction and waste of time for the SAFENet development team. Now more than ever this team need to avoid distractions however in light of Poloniex being the only liquid market for MAID and this recent news I feel the sword of Damocles hanging over the market price of MAID. If MAID was to suffer such a set back I get the impression that would seriously jeopardise the funding for the team.

Nick and the team, I think it’s time to reconsider migrating MAID (Omni) to a new platform in order to mitigate any liquidity shocks from Poloniex’s management team (i.e. Circle => Goldman Sachs => SEC/CFTC). Here are some options to think about:

1/ Ethereum (ERC-20)
Tried, tested, straight forward.
Lots of infrastructure and semi-DEX platforms
Ethereum itself does not necessarily have a stable future (Scaling and centralisation issues)

2/ Blockstream Liquid
Similar to Omni
Easier than Omni
Might be a nice way to raise MAID profile within the bitcoin cool gang again
might lead to proper exchange adoption as many high profile exchanges are members, paying high fees to participate so want to see the best RoI they can.
Centralised platform could lead to freeze of tokens just like Polo’ can do now (effectively)

3/ Waves & Stellar
Obscure
include a DEX (a bit like Omni did in theory)
Worth comparing with 1 and 2

Would be interested to hear any other suggestions from the group.

10 Likes