Equity fundraising compared to 2014 crowdsale campaign

The 2014 crowdfunding campaign raised 6 million dollars in 5 hours. The equity fundraising however is constrasting at 250k in a week, with 3 weeks to go.

Of course there are big differences between crowdfunding and equity fundraising, but the contrast concerns me a bit.

With the software being open source and free, and the data in the network being owned by no one, and income for people that publish apps not being being skimmed by an app store, I’m concerned that potential investors are on the fence about wether or not MaidSafe itself will in fact be a financially sound investment. There is not really any statement on that in the pitch, except for this statement in the blog:

We will also be looking to develop our own applications, because we do see commercial potential for us as well

Trust in the future of shares is not improved by learning that:

David Irvine […] decided to give all his shares in the company away to [the MaidSafe Foundation]. Thus, the Foundation is the largest shareholder in the company

Either Mr. Irvine made the same assumption about the company, or he is the Ronald Wayne of Apple.

Please tell me I’m wrong. Either way, I think Mr. Irvine should elaborate a bit about how MaidSafe has the potential to be a wealthy company once the network is ‘set free’ in order to attract more investors, before the equity fundraising ends.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: MaidSafe rebuilding secure decentralised internet with BnkToTheFuture equity fundraising