Dropbox went Rust

This is all TheGift73 and I are suggesting. Something to get them started and then they can start farming by themselves or buy coin.

I agree, we do give a lot more than dropbox for sure, but people like ‘free’ stuff

1 Like

t we need to give the end noob user an incentive to use this storage

Plug your resources into the network, and generate money. That is the incentive.

people like ‘free’ stuff

False. There ain’t no such thing as free lunch. They ASSUME it is free but it is not!

2 Likes

that’s not exactly what is meant, when people talk about “freemium”.

You ignored the valve example post again. And you ignored the following statement, “it isn’t sustainable.”

I agree, this is a huge incentive! Although what if noob users don’t want to be leaving their computers on all the time to make sure they have a good node that will actually generate some good coin. What if they just want a storage solution. It might even be that once they start using the free trial safecoin that they decide it’s good and start farming. Or they decide that the storage solution is good so start using the other apps. I just think its a good idea to start on the network with some trial coin so you can see what it is like before actually committing to buy safecoin/farm.

I agree again, nothing’s free in the world but the end user doesn’t care like I said above.

Do the majority of people care that:
Google, makes money from advertising to you while you search, no
Facebook makes money from adverts while you browse, no

For the valve example. When you download a free game there is in game payments. You don’t have to buy them they just speed up the game progression for a player, so its free until you choose it not to be.

All examples of ‘free’ things I.E Things that seem free to a user, but they don’t care that they aren’t actually free.

MAID : SAFE & safecoin are part of the Vision that will give all of us more peace of mind , privacy , power and sovereignty over communication . Just what we and the world really needs to overcome a whole bunch of mean hurdles … :ant:

When you download a free game there is in game payments. You don’t have to buy them they just speed up the game progression for a player, so its free until you choose it not to be.

The game company makes money by the amount of downloads, and the amount of players playing the game.

But you are missing the point of who cares. If I download Dota, why do I care that they have made money from a download. It affects me in absolutely no way. Whereas downloading safe and having to buy Safecoin right away, affects me. As a noob i’d want to trial it, before buying it.

I think most people will farm it rather than buy it to start with won’t they? It sounds like farming will be pretty simple.

Will my mum start using safenet on day1 of alpha launch, well I’ll try to persuade her of course, but at 70 years old it seems unlikely that I’ll convince her to do it immediately. But then I also don’t really think safenet needs to worry about marketing itself any more than the internet or telephone did. At the end of the day inventions that just work better than anything else tend to win. It sounds like the barriers to entering safecoin will be lower than any other crypto atm because farming will be so accessible and easy, along with inevitable fiat/safecoin exchange options, so people won’t have to jump the BTC hurdle to use it. The farming hurdle sounds a lot simpler and less daunting than buying BTC or mining would be for any noob. I’d be able to go round to my mum’s set it up in 2 mins and explain that it’s worth leaving on because it will generate more than it costs in power and it’ll keep the room warmer ;).

I think this argument does carry some weight, but for me it’s more about speed of adoption than whether or not safenet will make it through these small hurdles to user acquisition in the early days. Speed is important though…

My mum is over 80 and a keen follower. She will be hassling me to set her up to farm. :wink:

1 Like

Users has to pay ISP, and have to agree to the steam ToC.

As a noob i’d want to trial it, before buying it.

Good point. It’s the same thing for bitcoin as well, I want to try it before buying it. To do so, users goes to bitcoin drop(forgot the name?) where you can get several satoshis fore free to try it out.

I have an idea where if user get another user to join, the user gets a safecoin, as well as the other user. It is a markle tree affiliation system.

A user will pay an ISP regardless, that is a service they are paying for. A free steam game they are expecting to be free. Which it is to them, until the buy in game things.

Right this keeps coming up, someone needs to explain this to me. I don’t understand how people are comparing signing a ToC which doesn’t cost any money to putting something onto SAFE which will cost money?

A perfect example of where I am coming from here… an incentive

Dropbox/microsoft/other corporate giants ToC cost your life, and your actions. It’s a binding contract to designed you to be their slave. Have you read their rules? It’s obnoxious, and a real threat to privacy, and your life. It’s like signing the government constitution, it simply means you are a cattle in their system. They don’t care if the consitution is free, they want your soul, and your physical will. That itself is worth more than money.

In safe, the contract is privacy, anonymous, and completely safe!

True, but we are going back to the whole thing about the majority of people not caring. 1.59 Billion facebook users prove that, they all signed the ToC and there data all gets sold. The people who want to be super anonymous are a smaller community than the rest of the population, which is why we need an incentive more than just anonymity to make this work. We have farming, but people won’t want to commit to that right away. We need to offer a trial of the system, your affiliate thing works.

Again, Dropbox is free to a user (people don’t care about ToC or how Dropbox make money its free to them).
Safe will require buying coin or putting in effort (farming) which people won’t want right away. CURRENTLY DropBox sounds a better option for noobs and that is not what we want. We want noobs to trial the system, realise anonymity is better, that farming is awesome and earns money and it is worth doing.

1 Like