Downtime of the Wiki this evening

Hi,

just to let everyone know, there will be a downtime of the wiki in the coming hours to apply some updates and some general maintenance work.

I’ll have to do some preparation first and will update the post once the wiki will be shutdown.

Best regards

7 Likes

Great work keeping that Wiki up and running. It’s a great help :+1:

6 Likes

Unfortunately the update takes way longer than anticapted, so I’ll have to continue this tomorrow sometime.

There were apparently some major changes between 1.24 and 1.26 and I have to manually check EVERY extension that is installed.

So, more on this tomorrow hopefully.

PS: All the changes were done on a specific development instance, so the actual wiki is untouched and still working :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I will take down the wiki now to upgrade it to 1.26 and all the versions. There is one usecase I can’t test on the dev environment without some serious work, so I’ll have to test it out on the production system. Just like in the real world :stuck_out_tongue:

Will report back once I’m finished.

2 Likes

English wiki is up on the new version, two issues that need to be resolved:

• Some thumbnails are missing, although they’re there. Permissions problem, solved.
  • VisualEditor is broken. I was afraid this would happen, due to the setup we’re using, it’s a bit hard to debug (nginx as reverse proxy to apache with rewrite rules and multiple domains, to parsoid).

More to follow.

2 Likes

wiki is back up again with one exception. the visualeditor is disable for the time beeing since it was not working anymore. I’ll have to investigate further to get it working again. all wikis (en, de, nl, es) are on 1.26 now.

If you find any errors, please let me know and I’ll investigate.

I looked at the wikipedia “recent changes” and I see nothing changed. Last changes was at Feb 9th.

The recent changes only refers to content, e.g. when someone made an edit to a page. I upgraded the mediawiki software from 1.24 to 1.26.

I just created my personal page, which is now visible on the recent changes page.
https://safenetwork.wiki/en/Special:RecentChanges

You can see the version of the mediawiki here
https://safenetwork.wiki/en/Special:Version

Hope that clears it up.

1 Like

Ah that make sense. I was thinking you were doing a overhaul on wikipedia.

1 Like