Donation for Maidsafe

And I noted its only early morning (like 6AM) in the UK and this topic started during their night

Hey @anon94252342 shouldn’t they at least have sleep

And they are a company, a real company not a scam crypto that jumps in knee jerk reaction to any fud about their coin. Being a company they have a responsibility to be careful with company information and not do knee jerk reactions even if its not the middle of the night

So far it is normal, nothing wrong in what Maidsafe have done or are doing. When something shows up wrong then thats the time to ask questions.

7 Likes

Iirc, david said no matter what he would make sure the project launched, that was enough for me.

9 Likes

no one i spreading fud here, it was mentioned by nick that unti eoy the company needs to find a new source of funding , there are only 2 months left , its natural to ask those questions

1 Like

Why do you think all the work to get Fleming ready is happening at such pace?
It will prove everything works, which should open many doors to funding.

3 Likes

You can ask but if they will not aswer it is OK. Anything about funding project said officially more than once per year is very uncommon if you compare it with other companies and fundations.
The first talks about running out of cash were at times of Bitcoin at $5000 so we can expect several months more than less. Spring 2020? After release of Maxwell it can be more easy to find more resources. To me it looks like David strategy.

3 Likes

I don’t see the point of this initiative because there is no indication that it is needed.

Naturally questioning about funding comes up from the community quite regularly, but Maidsafe have always answered essentially the same - we’ll let you know. When they have needed funding, they’ve taken time to figure out what works best for the project, company, Foundation and overall goals - and they’ve then got it done.

I see these discussions as understandable, but pointless unless Maidsafe come forward and solicit our help as they’ve done before.

12 Likes

And you have ignored everything else that has been said since. You are just waiting for the message that Maidsafe is closed for business and then you will be satisfied. That message is certainly clear from your posts today and for the last year or so.

How many times times have you jumped up thinking there is a end of life scenario and everytime there is not. Guess if you say it often enough and long enough then one day it might happen even if its 30 years from now when a new company is formed to produce the child of SAFE.

And in fact @anon94252342 you have destroyed any chance of the OP getting any decent response to his idea (good or bad) because of your unfounded questioning of Maidsafe’s finances and integrity (disbelieving David’s promise). While the staff sleep at that.

8 Likes

And we have the expectations of BTC halving starting in a few months which historically been good for the price.

2 Likes

Probably the best thing to do is buying more MAID. The price will go up and as a result, the team will have more resources to use. No special bitcoin address needed.

6 Likes

No one is selling maid they are hodling

1 Like

I think I know what you mean by that.
But just read your statement again, and ask yourself if it is factually correct.

2 Likes

I would donate… Unfortunately I still have a SAFE Network app that needs to be coded up.

If @maidsafe gives SAFE a feature (that you can stake it) and allows token creation on the SAFE Network exclusively if you stake SAFE, then a lot of the financial nonsense Maidsafecoin faces now would be history. This actually also ties into something that was said a few days ago

Let’s say that Tether wants to launch Tether on the SAFE network. If they launch $100 they’ll also need to stake $100 SAFE, the $100 SAFE could be used to pay for PUTs, which would bring down the price of the $100 adjusting it. Another thing it would do is tie the $100 Tether to SAFE’s value, so even if the dollar would become obsolete people holding Tether on the SAFE Network would maintain their proof of resource purchasing power.

If tokens can be freely created on the SAFE Network without staking SAFE, we’ll get an Omni/Tether marketcap gap. We don’t want trillions of dollars on the SAFE Network, that can manipulate SAFE to stay at zilch forever. Honestly we already know how to do this…

You don’t need donations if you’ve created something truly valuable…
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Maybe your right, I’ll watch the vid and give it some more thought.
But I thought tether had value by being backed by USD.
Now if those USD get spent on maid, is not tether broken?
Because if everyone tried to cash out, it would not be possible.

Watched the vid, I cant say it all sank in tbh, or that I grasped it properly, I still think tether would collapse though if they did what you suggest.
I could be wrong and wont dispute that, but I don’t see it.

IMO certainly if maid dropped on price, they would be in trouble.

2 Likes

can you make a thread out of your suggestion? it would be great to discuss it

If everybody is dumping Tether whoever comes last just gets less SAFEcoin. Still you can use those SAFEcoin to buy network resources, this is always better than ending up with nothing.

1 Like

Buying periodically and holding offline would be better than donating and as a bonus would reward you if the project becomes successful.

MaidSafe Marketing could launch a campaign and provide (links to) some tools to make such ‘donations’ easier. e.g.
“Support of a truly free internet - Subscribe to buy MAID every Thursday!”

(A MAID buy and hold service would be even better but also legally more complex and risky. Perhaps a business opportunity for a party other than Maidsafe.)

1 Like

Bancor sounds very fishy to me… Keynes, fractional reserve - sounds a lot like the IMF’s SDR.

Why would I want to hold anything in Bancor when it’s backed by a bunch of random other coins/assets/commodities, based on their price at the time of staking? (Maybe I’m misunderstanding?)

…very fishy.

3 Likes

If tokens are (neurons) BNT are (synapse).

150+ tokens, 11000+ trading pairs (this number increases exponentially) on Bancor

Sure on an exchange you can have 150+ tokens, but not as many trading pairs (because the exchange wants to extract trading fees)

The price doesn’t remain static, it changes with every conversion. These are Maidsafecoin’s trading pairs MAID/BTC MAID/USD MAID/ETH on Bancor it would be MAID/150+ tokens.

Btw I’m not suggesting that MAID gets listed on the Bancor network, what I’m saying is that SAFEcoin should work like the Bancor protocol. Upon creation of a token, SAFEcoin should give it instant liquidity to be converted into SAFEcoin, other SAFE tokens and these SAFE tokens should be staked with SAFEcoin, so that they have skin in the game. Staking in SAFEcoin is in a way even a protection mechanism for SAFE tokens, to maintain their value based on the SAFE Network’s success.

3 Likes

The price doesn’t remain static, it changes with every conversion. These are Maidsafecoin’s trading pairs MAID/BTC MAID/USD MAID/ETH on Bancor it would be MAID/150+ tokens.

So, you stake POOcoin for SAFEToken, at 10:1… then later the price has changed so the exchange rate changes, the next person might only get 15:1… But the first person can then unstake and get his 10 back. Or likewise, if I get 10:1 on staking, and the price changes to 4:1, I can unstake and sell for profit. So it works like a stablecoin mechanism?

I’m struggling to understand the point - please help me out here. Lots of work to develop something that isn’t the SAFE network, doesn’t help the crucial issue of supply/demand for farming rewards, and that has been done before by Bancor, Uniswap, other stablecoins etc. Sounds like it would stretch the MAID developers thin (they already have seemingly endless work to do) just to (maybe) help with… liquidity? price stability? not quite sure…

1 Like

I’m struggling to understand the point - please help me out here. Lots of work to develop something that isn’t the SAFE network, doesn’t help the crucial issue of supply/demand for farming rewards, and that has been done before by Bancor, Uniswap, other stablecoins etc. Sounds like it would stretch the MAID developers thin (they already have seemingly endless work to do) just to (maybe) help with… liquidity? price stability? not quite sure…

Sorry, forgot what thread we were on. This is the donation thread, not the supply/demand algorithm thread I’ve also been on lately (facepalm), woops.

so OK makes more sense if you’re tryna figure out how to donate/stabilify the price for ensuring liquidity for project funding…